Lentil and Sausage Soup. Lentil soup flavored with sausage and herbs. Serve with Romano cheese sprinkled on top of each serving bowl. I love the sausage and lentil soup at Carrabb's Grill and always wish I would be able to get the recipe.
Add water if necessary, for desired consistency. Lentil & Sausage Stew is a fast and easy soup bursting with flavor and chock full of good-for-you vegetables! Plus it freezes well for later. You can have Lentil and Sausage Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentil and Sausage Soup
- It’s of green lentils.
- Prepare of Italian sausage.
- It’s of medium onion, diced.
- You need of fire roasted pepper, diced.
- You need of celery stalk, diced.
- Prepare of carrot, grated.
- Prepare of zucchini, quartered and sliced.
- It’s of Roma tomatos, diced.
- It’s of veal (or chicken) stock.
- It’s of garlic, pressed.
- It’s of fennel seeds.
- You need of dried red chili, minced.
- Prepare of dried Italian herbs.
- You need of TT salt and pepper.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of water.
Measure out the lentils and pick through them to make sure there are no stones. Add them to the pot along with the cayenne, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano. The beauty of this soup is that it manages to be soul-warming but not overly heavy. The broth is light, and aromatic with wine and marjoram, and you feel like you've won the lottery each time you come across a piece of garlicky sausage.
Lentil and Sausage Soup instructions
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add fennel seeds and dried chili flakes and sautee until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add and brown sausage. Remove from pot and drain, reserving 1 tbsp of drippings.
- Return reserved drippings to pot with the onion, roasted pepper, celery, and sautee approximately 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrot, and herbs to pot and saute 5 more minutes.
- Add sausage and remaining ingredients with enough water to fill pot 2 inches from top and bring to a boil.
- After 30 minutes, place 2 cups of soup in a food processor, pulse until smooth, and return to pot. Reduce until desired consistency.
AntoniaJames has you simmer the lentils and veggies until. Sausage and Lentil Soup Storing Tips. This soup is a copycat version of Carrabba's Spicy Sausage Lentil soup! It's loaded with hot Italian sausage, lentils, ham, veggies and is totally delicious! The seasonings in Italian sausage — fennel, red pepper, garlic — pair beautifully with lentils, and here, they make for a punchy take on lentil soup.