Recipe: Yummy Italian Orzo Soup
Italian Orzo Soup. Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Healthy herbaceous Italian Chicken Orzo Soup made with loads of veggies and fresh basil!. We are a chicken soup family.
Sometimes I make creamy chicken soups with potatoes. In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add onion, carrots and celery. In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, mushrooms, zucchini and onion in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. You can have Italian Orzo Soup using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Orzo Soup
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of onion, diced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Italian sausage.
- It’s of carrots, peeled and sliced into coins and quartered.
- Prepare of large zucchini, sliced into coins and quartered.
- You need of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need of water.
- It’s of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare of dried basil.
- Prepare of oregano.
- You need of Italian seasoning.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s of orzo pasta, uncooked.
- Prepare of spinach, roughly chopped.
- Prepare of Suggested Toppings :.
- You need of ·parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of ·red pepper flakes.
This soup is loaded with classic Italian flavors and it's simple to make! Orzo tomato spinach soup is completely vegetarian friendly and it's so warm and comforting! The perfect soup so serve on a chilly day. I am in love with this orzo tomato spinach soup.
Italian Orzo Soup step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Add the sausage to the pot and cook until completely browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Add the carrots to the pot, then stir in the broth, water, diced tomatoes, beans and seasonings..
- Once it all comes to a boil, stir in the orzo and zuchinni, then lower the heat back down and let simmer for 7-8 minutes, until the veggies have softened and the orzo is close to al dente. Make sure to stir often during this time, so the orzo won't stick to the pot..
- Stir in the spinach and simmer just 2-3 minutes more, until it's wilted..
- Serve immediately, topped with fresh parmesan cheese, if desired. Sprinkle red pepper flakes over individual portions for a bit of extra heat..
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a large Tupperware container. To reheat, place the amount you want warmed in a small pot (add a splash of broth if needed, the orzo will absorb a lot of the liquid during frigeration) and bring to a simmer for 5 or so minutes, until heated through..
Italian Sausage Orzo Soup is a hearty, vegetable-loaded soup with super flavorful Italian-seasoned sausage and lots of orzo pasta. It's lightly creamy and completely comforting on chilly evenings, without sending your healthy eating plan off the rails. This Italian Sausage Orzo Soup can easily be made in a crockpot. It can't be a total dump and forget kind of recipe. Browning of Onion, garlic and sausage is an essential step to release all the flavours.