Sausage Tortellini Soup. This Sausage Tortellini Soup is a tomato-based soup loaded with vegetables, Italian sausage and cheese tortellini. It's the perfect cold weather soup and freezer friendly! I love soup, and my kids are finally coming around to liking it too.
All Reviews for Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini. Tortellini soup is a delicious meal on it's own, but you can pair it with some garlic bread and a big green salad and add a few more guests to dinner. This tortellini soup with sausage is a complete meal in one pot. You can cook Sausage Tortellini Soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage Tortellini Soup
- You need of italian sausage (5 links) – spicy optional.
- It’s of medium yellow onions, chopped.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- You need of celery, chopped.
- Prepare of carrots, chopped.
- It’s of vegetable broth.
- It’s of can of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s of zucchinis, quartered and slices.
- It’s of yellow squash, quartered and sliced.
- It’s of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare of medium fresh vine tomatoes, chopped.
- It’s of fresh spinach, roughly chopped.
- Prepare of fresh basil, sliced.
- It’s of -lb fresh tortellini.
- It’s of Salt and pepper, optional.
- Prepare of Red pepper flake, optional.
This cheese tortellini soup with sausage is the perfect comfort food. One of the best things about this creamy sausage tortellini soup is that you don't have to spend much time chopping stuff. This soup comes with a memory: a bowl of hearty soup served by my mother-in-law one chilly fall afternoon many I had frozen tortellini and sausage in the freezer, so dinner just about made itself. Add the olive oil and sausage to a large soup pot (if your sausage is in casings, squeeze it out of the casing).
Sausage Tortellini Soup instructions
- In a large stock pot, take italian sausage out of the casing, cut and "ball" into bite size pieces and brown the sausage. Add onion and garlic, cook until softened. Add celery and carrots, cook for about 10 minutes on medium-high..
- Add the broth, crushed tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, and basil. Bring to a simmer. Add in zucchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms. At this stage also add the spinach but don't stir in, place on top. Bring to simmer. Add tortellini on top, and follow cooking directions on package..
- Eat it up!.
Sausage Tortellini Soup – The perfect comfort soup for cold days and chilly evenings. This tortellini soup is my husband's favorite and you'll soon find out why – it's easy to make and so incredibly. My husband's grandmother used to make this soup with her own homemade sausage and tortellini. Josh's Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup is hearty, full of flavor, and easy to make. There is nothing wimpy about this Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup.