Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale. Loaded with tender, Creamy Tortellini, sausage, and kale! But what I do know is this – have as much of this creamy tortellini soup as possible until the polar vortex passes. That and all the crusty bread to sop up all.
Tortellini Soup with Sausage and Kale. That time of year has come too quickly – the time where So about this soup, it is similar to some of the other tortellini soups I've made, like this Spinach Tomato and Garlic Tortellini Soup and this Tuscan Tortellini Soup, but of course this one has plenty of meat. This Creamy Tortellini Soup is a quick, easy, and deliciously creamy soup packed with cheesy tortellini and fresh spinach. You can have Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale
- It’s 1 lb of Italian sausage removed from the casing.
- It’s 2 of onions, diced.
- You need 4 of carrots, diced.
- It’s 4 stalks of celery, diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- It’s 2 of Bou vegetable bouillon cubes.
- It’s 1 of Bou beef bouillon cube.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 3 (12 oz) of cans evaporated milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 lb of frozen tortellini.
- You need 6 cup of kale, destemmed and torn.
Creamy Tortellini Soup for the win! The hubby dislikes cookedand or wilted spinach. Has anyone tried it with kale? Dried three cheese tortellini is the best tortellini to use for this soup.
Creamy Tortellini Soup with Kale step by step
- Turn your slow cooker to high and add 4 cups water and the bouillon cubes. I use Bou brand..
- In a skillet, brown the sausage breaking up the large pieces..
- Add the sausage to the slow cooker..
- Saute the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic until softened..
- Add the vegetables, and the Italian seasoning to the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 7 hours..
- Turn the cooker to high if not already and add the evorated milk. Allow to come to a simmer (~30 min).
- Stir the corn starch and 1/4 cup water in a small bowl. All the starch slurry and frozen tortellini to the soup and cook until the pasta is soft (~30 min)..
- Add the kale, submerging with a spoon, and cook until the kale wilts and is tender (~10 min)..
- Adjust the consistency of the soup with water or milk. I used about a cup. Season with salt and pepper to taste and plate in bowls with crusty bread..
You can also use fresh tortellini, just keep an eye on it as it doesn't need as long to cook Veggies such as carrots, celery and spinach provide the best flavours. You could also add pumpkin, sweet potato, kale, zucchini, etc! Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup is a thick and creamy soup base with chunks of cooked pork sausage and three cheese tortellini pasta cooked in a smooth and rich Kale: chopped and adds a buttery smooth texture. How to make Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup. Stir to incorporate into the soup.