How to Cook Perfect Harvest Vegetable Soup
Harvest Vegetable Soup.
You can cook Harvest Vegetable Soup using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Harvest Vegetable Soup
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare of Italian sausage, hot……remove the casing.
- You need of bacon- diced.
- You need of small sweet onion 1/4 inch diced.
- It’s of garlic- chopped.
- You need of flour- by weight.
- You need of chicken stock.
- You need of small idaho potato diced 1/2 inch.
- It’s of small carrots 1/4 inch dice.
- Prepare of small zucchini- diced 1/4 inch.
- Prepare of small yellow squash- diced 1/4 inch.
- You need of cherry tomatoes diced.
- It’s of kale- stems removed and cut into 1 inch dice.
- It’s of thyme.
- You need of fennel seed.
- It’s of paprika.
- You need of black pepper.
- It’s of kosher salt.
Harvest Vegetable Soup step by step
- Heat a 5 qt sauce pan and then add the oil..
- Brown the sausage and bacon..
- Add the onion and garlic and caramelize to a light to medium golden brown..
- Dust with all the flour and stir to make the compound roux..
- Add the chicken stock..
- Add the potatoes and carrots then simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetable and seasoning and simmer 15 -20 minutes..
- Adjust the seasonings as needed..