Easiest Way to Cook Appetizing Carraba's Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup
Carraba's Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup. I've substituted Italian turkey many times and you would never notice the difference. Add water if necessary, for desired consistency. Sausage and lentil soup have the benefit of being an inexpensive soup to prepare and it is hearty.
I suggest that you get the kind that you like the. Today's soup happens to be a family favorite. It's a copycat version of the spicy sausage lentil soup that we get at Carrabba's. You can have Carraba's Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carraba's Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of italian sausage.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, chopped.
- It’s 2 large of carrots, chopped.
- You need 1 small of zucchini.
- It’s 6 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 can of 14.5 oz diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cup of dried lentils. rinsed.
- You need 1 of black pepper, red pepper flakes, basil, oregano, parsley, thyme to taste.
It is loaded with flavor from the hot Italian sausage, lentils, ham, and veggies. It's not served every day at Carrabba's Italian Grill, but when this amazing soup is on the menu consider yourself lucky and snag a bowl. Best of all, Carrabba's sausage and lentil soup recipe is a cinch to clone. Lentil soup flavored with sausage and herbs.
Carraba's Italian Sausage and Lentil Soup instructions
- Brown sausage; drain off fat.
- In a large pot combine all ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover.
- Simmer for about 1 hour or until lentils are tender. Add water; if necessary for desired consistency.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, serve..
Serve with Romano cheese sprinkled on top of each serving bowl. I love the sausage and lentil soup at Carrabb's Grill and always wish I would be able to get the recipe. Well, I thought this came extremely close. Lighten up a hearty sausage soup recipe with turkey Italian sausage and add flavor with canned tomatoes, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.