Recipe: Tasty Italian Sausage lentil soup
Italian Sausage lentil soup. Lentil soup flavored with sausage and herbs. Serve with Romano cheese sprinkled on top of each serving bowl. I double the amount of sausage and use the hot italian but that's just a matter of personal preference.
Ahhh comfort food, probably one of the best food dishes to eat. I have to say this Lentils and Sausage soup is one of my favourite Comfort Dishes. Over the years I have become a great appreciator of lentils. You can cook Italian Sausage lentil soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Sausage lentil soup
- It’s of water.
- You need of Italian Sausage.
- It’s of green lentil.
- You need of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare of celery, chopped.
- You need of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare of green peas.
- You need of tomato sauce.
- It’s of tomatos, diced.
- You need of beef boulion.
- It’s of basil.
- Prepare of sage.
- You need of chopped parsley.
- Prepare of thyme.
Actually I have come to love and cook all kinds of Beans. This makes the most awesome lentil soup. Great for the soon to come cold weather and goes together quickly. Remove sausage from casings and crumble.
Italian Sausage lentil soup instructions
- Sort and rinse lentils, then add them to the 6 cups water. Bring to boil..
- Brown sausage over medium heat. Add drained meat to the lentils..
- Add chopped veggies to soup..
- Add seasonings and beef boulion..
- Simmer soup for 1 – 2 hours over med/low heat; until veggies are tender..
Add sausage to vegetables and saute until no longer pink. Making the Italian Sausage & Lentil soup is easy. Remove the casings from the Italian sausage, chop, and brown in a skillet on the stove along with onions and garlic. This extra step of caramelization gives an extra layer of flavor that is important. Throw the sausage, aromatics, lentils, carrots, celery.