Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version). Lotus root and pork soup is a simple, yet nourishing soup made with healthy lotus root and goji berries. Skin the lotus roots and grate them. Add salt and light soy sauce.
Humble lotus root soup has been on Chinese dinner tables for hundreds of years. Hot and healthy soups are always comforting in cold days. Lotus root soup with pork bones and deep-fried stuffed Their version is slightly different since it contains peanuts, goji berries and sometimes, dried golden. You can have Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version)
- Prepare of section Lotus root.
- Prepare of Fresh shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare of ●Katakuriko.
- You need of ●Sake.
- Prepare of ●Soy sauce.
- Prepare of ●Salt.
- You need of ●Pepper.
- It’s of ●Ginger (grated, including the juice).
- Prepare of Dashi stock (kombu or shiitake mushroom based dashi, or dashi stock granules).
- It’s of ■Beet sugar (or white sugar).
- Prepare of ■Salt.
- Prepare of ■Mirin.
- Prepare of ■Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Green onions (finely sliced).
Lotus root soup with pork ribs and peanuts (排骨花生莲藕汤) is the traditional Cantonese soup. I am not sure if this will turn out well in my recipe since his version is without peanuts. Lotus root soup with pork ribs and groundnuts (排骨花生莲藕汤) is a light, healthy and delicious clear soup. Umami of seafood is wrapped with lotus root starch.
Lotus Root Dumplings (Clear Soup Version) instructions
- Chop the shiitake mushrooms finely. If you are not a vegetarian, you can use 50 g of peeled and chopped shrimp instead..
- Peel the lotus root, cut into half lengthwise and soak in water with a little vinegar (about 1 teaspoon of vinegar with enough water to cover the lotus root) to get rid of the astringency..
- Grate the soaked lotus root and squeeze it out lightly to eliminate some of the moisture. Add the shiitake mushrooms or shrimp from Step 1 to the grated lotus root in a bowl..
- Add the seasoning ingredients to Step 3, and knead gently with your hands to bring everything together. Taste and adjust the seasonings (you can add a little sugar at this point.) If you are not a vegetarian, add 1/2 of an egg white to make the dumplings light and fluffy..
- When the flavor is to your taste, form the mixture into about ping-pong sized dumplings. I could make 8 to 9 dumplings with these ingredients..
- Wrap up each dumpling in a piece of plastic wrap. Twist the ends tightly..
- Microwave the wrapped dumplings from Step 6 for 2 minutes, then take off the plastic. Your chewy lotus root dumplings are done!.
- Make the clear soup: Add the flavoring ingredients to 500 ml of dashi (make the dashi stock with kombu and shiitake mushrooms, or use dashi stock granules.).
- Heat up the Step 8 mixture, add the Step 7 lotus root dumplings and bring to a boil (don't heat for too long). Ladle into serving bowls, sprinkle in some chopped green onion and it's done..
Umami of ichiban dashi makes the dish tastier. Ingredients Name : lotus roots, egg white, kikurage (rehydrated wood ear), mitsuba (Japanese honewort), gingko nut, prawn, white-meat fish, ichiban dashi, salt, light soy sauc. Peel the root and remove tough ends. This step helps you to get a clear soup in the end. You can skip this if you like.