Recipe: Delicious Grießklößchensuppe (German Semolina Dumpling Soup)
Grießklößchensuppe (German Semolina Dumpling Soup). Grießklößchensuppe is a typical german dish. It's a chicken stock soup with some semolina dumplings in it. Learn how to make Semolina Dumpling Soup, a typical Austrian dish.
Opa loved making us this soup — so quick and easy, and we even asked him for it as adults. The quality of your stock will go a long way in determining the final flavor of this soup. I think celery (celery salt or fresh stalks) compliments the dumplings well, so I substitute celery salt for the salt. You can have Grießklößchensuppe (German Semolina Dumpling Soup) using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grießklößchensuppe (German Semolina Dumpling Soup)
- Prepare of semolina flour.
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of butter (2 Tbsp).
- It’s of nutmeg.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of parsley.
- Prepare of chicken/bouillon or veggie broth, or vegetable soup..
These traditional German Semolina Dumplings are easy to prepare. You can find semolina at Walmart, Whole Foods and in several grocery stores in the Bring the beef broth or Oma's homemade Beef Broth or Beef Soup to a boil. In a small saucepan, stir together the milk and sugar. Set over medium heat, and bring to a boil.
Grießklößchensuppe (German Semolina Dumpling Soup) step by step
- Melt butter and mix with egg, butter, nutmeg, salt and parsley. Add the semolina and mix until it comes into a dough (avoid kneading). Let rest for at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours..
- In pot, bring broth to a boil. Using a teaspoon, form oblong dumplings and drop into the boiling water. They can stick to the bottom so give them a stir to make sure they're "swimming" ;).
- Let cook for 10-15 minutes on low, then turn off the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes..
- Serve, garnishing with parsley..
Milk tends to boil over as soon as it boils, so stay with it! When it boils, immediately remove from the heat. The Griessnockerl Soup (or Griessnockerlsuppe in German) is a German soup that is a perfect starter for a menu. Make sure you get German semolina. Nockerl are semolina dumplings and the origin is Austria.