Recipe: Tasty Zōsui (Rice Soup) with Dumplings
Zōsui (Rice Soup) with Dumplings. Great recipe for Zōsui (Rice Soup) with Dumplings. My mother used to make 'Zōsui' to finish off bits and pieces of leftover vegetables and cold cooked rice. Cook them in Dashi Stock until tender.
Place the chicken, water, bouillon, peppercorns and cloves in a stockpot. Cover and bring to a boil; skim foam. Chicken and dumplings might be one the South's best comfort foods, but it turns out that soup dumplings are something of an international affair. You can cook Zōsui (Rice Soup) with Dumplings using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zōsui (Rice Soup) with Dumplings
- Prepare of Dashi Stock.
- It’s of Cooked Rice.
- Prepare of Some Vegetables (Carrot, Daikon, Radish, Shiitake, Japanese Mushrooms, Potato, Spinach, Tofu).
- Prepare of Spring Onion.
- You need of Salt & Soy Sauce.
- It’s of <Dumpling Ingredients>.
- You need of Plain Flour 1/2 cup & Potato Starch 1/2 cup.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Note: Gnocchi would go very well with this dish.
They can be made with flour, rice, potatoes or cheese, and dropping dumplings into soup is a sure-fire way to reclaim the cozy, comforting feel of Grandma's kitchen. Learning how to make dumplings for soup is an economical way to create a belly. Dumplings can be made with a variety of tasty fillings, but an important aspect of the culinary experience of dumplings is the accompanying sauce. Pour the chicken broth into a large heavy pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Zōsui (Rice Soup) with Dumplings step by step
- Cut Vegetables in small pieces. Cook them in Dashi Stock until tender..
- Mix all the Dumpling Ingredients and make it into a very thick batter. *I recently discovered ‘Rice Flour 1/2 cup & Glutinous Rice Flour 1/2 cup' makes gooey & rubbery texture like ‘Omochi’ (Rice Cake) and better dumplings..
- Add the pre-cooked Rice to the soup, then bring it to a boil..
- Using a tablespoon, drop bite size dumplings into the boiling soup. *Note: You can add Gnocchi instead of dumpling batter..
- Season with Salt and Soy Sauce. Sprinkle some finely chopped Spring Onion and serve hot..
Add the carrots, celery, onion, and cabbage to chicken broth and season with salt, pepper, and thyme and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Our love of dumplings at The Woks of Life is no secret. We've received many requests for a dumpling sauce recipe over the years, and we're. Mix all spices in a bowl (chicken bouillon powder, soy sauce, sake, salt, sesame oil). My family loves zōsui, and this was one of my favorites as a child.