Creamy Wok Soup.
You can have Creamy Wok Soup using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Wok Soup
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of wok oil.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- You need 1 cup of shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 1 cm of ginger root, peeled.
- It’s 2 cup of hokkaido squash, peeled and diced.
- You need 200 grams of peas, thawed.
- You need 2 cup of water (approximately).
- It’s 3/4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of (or to taste) sambal oelek (spicy chili sauce).
- Prepare 1 of squeeze of lime juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of curry.
- It’s 150 grams of rice noodles.
- You need of garnish (all optional).
- It’s 1 of scallion, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of fresh chili, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of coconut milk.
Creamy Wok Soup instructions
- Heat wok oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add finely chopped carrots, finely chopped ginger and rougly chopped mushrooms. Fry until nicely browned.
- Add squash and thawed peas to wok. Fry for about a minute or until softened.
- Add water and cover loosely with a lid. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until the squash softens and some of the water evaporates. Soup should be creamy.
- Add soya sauce, sesame oil, sambal oelek (it's very spicy so add a little at a time), lime juice and curry.
- Add the rice noodles to the boiling soup, take immediately off heat and cover tightly with a lid.
- Serve with chopped chili and scallion. Pour some coconut milk if desired.