Recipe: Tasty Beetroot Carrot Soup with Caraway Dumplings
Beetroot Carrot Soup with Caraway Dumplings. dumpling Take one egg add ½ cup milk, pinch of salt, caraway seeds, add Maida mixed with baking powder make a paste. Take the paste in a spoon and drop the dumpling in the soup. While beets and carrots are cooling, add cabbage, onion, and potatoes to the broth.
Take the paste in a spoon and drop the dumpling in the soup. Once the soup is ready to transfer to another bowl and garnish with parsley, sour cream, andlemon. Heat the oil, add the onion and sauté gently, then add the garlic and caraway seeds. You can have Beetroot Carrot Soup with Caraway Dumplings using 20 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beetroot Carrot Soup with Caraway Dumplings
- Prepare of Beetroot sliced into big pieces.
- Prepare of Carrot sliced into big pieces.
- Prepare of Cabbage cut into big pieces.
- Prepare of small Potato cut into long pieces.
- Prepare of small onion cut into cubes.
- It’s of stem Spring Onion cut into small pieces(white part).
- It’s of small fresh Red Chilli slitted(optional).
- Prepare of Few dill leaves for flavor.
- You need of Green part of spring onion to garnish.
- You need of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Chicken stock.
- It’s of Tomato paste or puree.
- It’s of For the dumplings.
- You need of Oats/wheat flour.
- You need of Baking powder.
- It’s of beaten Egg.
- You need of th cup Milk.
- You need of Caraway seeds(Ajwain).
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
This Beetroot Carrot Soup is also filling with lots of veggies and some dumplings made with egg , wheat/oats/multi grain flour with Caraway flavor. Divide the soup between four bowls and top each portion with three dumplings. Spoon the soured cream alongside, drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with dill and serve. Stir in the tomato juice, kvass and cabbage and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer.
Beetroot Carrot Soup with Caraway Dumplings instructions
- Wash and cut the vegetables..
- In a saucepan put 3 cups of chicken stock along with beetroot, carrot pieces and 1/2 teaspoon salt..
- Cook in medium heat till vegetables become soft..
- Take out the carrot and beetroot pieces and now add potato pieces, onion cubes, cabbage and chilli in the same broth..
- Cook in medium heat till vegetables cook completely..
- When the vegetables are cooking shred the carrot and beetroot pieces and add to the soup..
- Also add spring onion and 2 tablespoon of tomato paste..
- While soup is being cooking, make dumplings now..
- Combine together flour, baking powder and salt..
- Whisk egg with milk. Add pepper and caraway seeds..
- Now add the flour mixture and whisk to form a thick sticky batter..
- Now with a ice cream scoop or normal scoop, pour little batter to the simmering soup to make dumpling..
- Scoop more batter slowly to make more dumplings..
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Remove the cover and flip the dumplings. Add dill leaves.(You can add other herbs also in place of dill leaves).
- Cook for 2 minutes and remove from heat..
- Transfer to serving bowls, garnish with green spring onion..
- Beetroot soup with caraway dumplings are ready to serve now..
Using a box grater or food processor, shred the beets into fine strips and add to the pot. Add the beetroot chunks, toss well with the onions, then add the stock. Meanwhile, put the cumin, coriander and caraway seeds in a dry frying pan and toast over medium heat until toasted and fragrant. Transfer to a grinder or pestle, and grind to a powder. For the soup, heat the butter and olive oil in another large pan, add the leek, onion, carrot and garlic and fry gently until softened but not coloured.