Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy Chicken Corn Soup with Dumplings
Chicken Corn Soup with Dumplings. Chipotle Chicken Soup with Cornmeal Dumplings. I combined two of my favorite soup recipes to come up with this filling soup that has a Tex-Mex flair. The cornmeal dumplings are the perfect finishing touch. —Nancy Granaman, Burlington, Iowa.
If you use frozen corn/carrots, let them thaw before adding to your soup. This dumpling soup is made entirely from scratch with fresh corn and stock from the whole chicken, seasoned with nutmeg and flecked with hard-cooked "This is a classic favorite! Then try this delicious chicken soup that's topped with cornbread dumplings. You can cook Chicken Corn Soup with Dumplings using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Corn Soup with Dumplings
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of oil.
- You need 2 can of (14 1/2 oz) chicken broth.
- It’s 2 cup of fresh or frozen corn.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken breast, cooked, cubed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of parsley.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of dried tarragon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
Drop dumpling dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto boiling soup. Chicken Noodle & Dumpling Soup has homemade egg noodles, dumplings from scratch, shredded chicken, carrots, cabbage, celery, and onions! This post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission. Chicken and dumplings is a soup that consists of a chicken cooked in water, with the resulting chicken broth being used to cook the dumplings by boiling.
Chicken Corn Soup with Dumplings step by step
- Place 2 eggs in small saucepan and cove with cold water. Bring to boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10-12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel, and chop. Set aside..
- In large saucepan, saute onion in oil. Add broth, corn, chicken, parsley, salt, tarragon, and pepper. Bring to boil..
- Beat egg til light in color. Beat in flour and milk til smooth. Drop batter by partial spoonfuls into hot broth to make small (1/4-1/2in) dumplings. Add hard-boiled eggs. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or til dumplings are cooked through..
A delicious chicken and sweetcorn soup with an Asian twist. Chicken and Dumplings Soup brings all the best qualities of Chicken and Dumplings together for the modern palate, leaving the gravy and heartburn in the past. We're having another Kitchen Conversation with Land O'Lakes! This time, the topic is Modernizing Vintage Recipes. Whole sweet corn kernels and morsels of chicken make the soup really hearty, while the blended corn gives the soup a gloriously thick and creamy texture without any cream in sight.