Easiest Way to Make Perfect Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup
Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup. For a spicier finish to Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup, top with minced Thai chile pepper. This smooth, spicy shrimp bisque uses coconut milk to offset its heat. Pour shrimp shell mixture through a mesh strainer into tomato soup mixture.
Drain briefly on paper towels and serve hot with lemon wedges. Quick and easy, this vibrant Cambodian-style Coconut Shrimp Soup with coconut milk, green beans, and tomatoes is perfect for a weeknight supper! Earlier last year, I had the good fortune to travel to Cambodia to visit a friend who lives there. You can have Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup
- You need 2 packages of Ramen noodles, oriental or shrimp flavor.
- You need 3 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Onion, diced.
- Prepare 8 oz of Mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 3 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ginger, fresh minced or paste.
- It’s 4 oz of Raw baby spinach, torn or sliced.
- You need 1 can of Coconut milk.
- It’s 1 lb of Shrimp, I used precooked shrimp thawed it and removed the tails.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sriracha sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Crushed red pepper flakes, optional.
Help yourself to a plate full—generous servings are still lower in calories and big on protein. Spicy Coconut Milk And Shrimp Soup. Ladle into soup bowls; sprinkle with scallions and cilantro. Posted by georgiapellegrini in Step-by-Step Recipes.
Spicy Coconut Shrimp Soup step by step
- In a saucepan, heat the oil. Saute the onion, garlic, ginger & mushrooms until soft..
- Add in the spinach and cook until wilted down..
- Meanwhile, in a separate pot, boil the water. Add in ramen noodles and seasoning packet. Cook until al dente (about 3-4 minutes).
- While ramen is cooking, add the can of coconut milk to the veggies, also the shrimp..
- Now add the ramen to the veggies and shrimp. Then add in the sriracha and red pepper flakes. Do a smaller amount to start if you are sensitive to spicy foods..
- Cook just til heated through, but no longer or the shrimp will become chewy and overcooked..
- This amount of spice was a medium hot for my tastes. Feel free to add more spice if you like..
- Serve piping hot!.
You'll need: shrimp, chicken stock, basil, Thai chili, coconut milk, lemon, lemongrass, butter, ginger, garlic, and fish sauce. Start by removing the outer layers of the lemon grass and slicing it. Spicy coconut curries are a Thai specialty: the fiery heat of chiles meets the cool, creamy notes of coconut, resulting in an irresistible broth. Plump shrimp and cabbage lend a bit of crunch to the soup, served in the same bowl as our white rice for well-balanced bites. A final squeeze of lime juice.