Potato and dumpling soup. To make dumplings, sift together dry ingredients. Beat egg and milk together and add to dry ingredients. Then combine: Bring soup back to burner, bring to a boil; turn burner on low.
Enjoy homemade dumplings, veggies, dill, topped with sour cream Homemade Potato Dumpling Soup Are you still recouping from all the Halloween candy you ate last night? Those fun size chocolates are so tiny that I accidentally ate more than I should've. Stir in the broth, chicken, celery, carrots and sage. You can cook Potato and dumpling soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato and dumpling soup
- It’s 4 of medium potatoes peeled and cubed.
- It’s 1 quart of whole milk.
- You need 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 quart of 1% or 2% milk – may use more if desired.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
- It’s as needed of Flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
I adopted this recipe found on the site. It is very similar to the one my mother always made. I added more celery, potatoes and onions to better reflect my Mom's original recipe. I have always served this with her dumplings.
Potato and dumpling soup instructions
- In stock pot, sauté chopped onions in olive oil until soft and slightly brown..
- Add both milks to cooked onion. Bring to a gentle simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Mix dumplings. Beat eggs in batter bowl. Add water. Mix. Add flour until a sticky, non runny consistency. Use less flour for a dumpling that is light, more flour for a more dense dumpling..
- Add cubed potatoes to simmering milk. Maintain a good boil..
- Add dumplings to boiling milk. Dip spoon into boiling mixture before the dumpling mixture to prevent dumpling from sticking to spoon. Drop dumplings into milk. Size dumpling per personal preference..
- Cook until potatoes are soft. Cool slightly before serving..
My whole family loves this dish and I make it. Nana's Potato Soup with Dumplings ️. Nana's Potato Soup with Dumplings, aka Kartoffelsuppe mit Klösschen, was sent in by one of our readers, Nana from Witchita, KS, USA. Do read the notes added by Nana at the end of the recipe. She's even included dairy and gluten-free options!