Homemade Chicken & Dumpling Soup.
You can have Homemade Chicken & Dumpling Soup using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Chicken & Dumpling Soup
- Prepare of Chicken Soup.
- Prepare 5 clove of garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 quart of chicken stock.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1 of whatever veggies you'd like (peas, carrots, corn, etc).
- Prepare 1 of cornstarch or flour (to prefered texture).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter (salted or unsalted).
- You need of Dumplings.
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of margarine.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
Homemade Chicken & Dumpling Soup step by step
- Dice up garlic into a fine texture..
- Add cream of chicken soup, chicken stock, water, bouillon cube, salt, pepper, chicken, garlic and veggies to crock pot..
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours..
- Remove chicken and shred, place back in crock pot..
- Mix all ingredients for dumplings together. (For thicker dumplings, add more flour).
- Remove some broth from crock pot and place in pan on stove. Bring to a slow boil..
- Lump small amounts of dumpling dough into pan, let simmer for 10 minutes..
- Place dumplings and broth back into crock pot, mix together. Add in corn starch if you prefer soup to be on the thicker side..