Recipe: Perfect Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup
Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup.
You can have Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup using 36 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- It’s 12 oz of Carrots, shredded or diced.
- It’s 1 head of small, Napa cabbage (or see the optional ingredients below. I use Napa for the crunch, but Kale adds special flavor. Spinach is good too).
- You need 5 stick of Celery.
- Prepare 2 of small, Turnip.
- You need 2 head of Broccoli, trimmed of stems.
- You need 1 can of (28 oz) whole, peeled, Tomatoes, crushed by hand.
- Prepare 3 of small, Onion.
- Prepare 3 of Leeks, trimmed of most of the green.
- It’s 1 bunch of Cilantro (one).
- You need 2 of medium, Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, sweet, gold, drained.
- It’s 1 bunch of basil (two).
- You need 6 oz of Mushrooms, Shiitake.
- It’s 6 oz of Mushrooms, baby Bella.
- You need 10 clove of Garlic, peeled, smashed.
- It’s of Base.
- You need 6 oz of curry paste (to taste, whatever color you want).
- You need 2 can of Coconut milk, preferably full fat (have 2 extra cans on hand).
- Prepare 4 cup of Stock, or Broth, vegetable (have 2 extra cups on hand, either bought in a carton, or self-prepared, your call).
- It’s 4 tbsp of Butter (or the equivalent Vegan saturated fat substitute).
- It’s of Cookware.
- Prepare 16 quart of Stockpot (it might work with a 12qt, but you're cutting it close, if you don't scale down a little).
- Prepare of Spices.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Basil (its listed on the veggies too, but trust me, it's an excellent garnish).
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro (same as basil, add while cooking, or just garnish).
- You need 2 tsp of Coriander (as needed really, to taste).
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin (again, as needed, to taste).
- You need 2 tbsp of Salt (like all soup, salt adds a lot to this dish, be creative with how you salt it up).
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cracked, Red Pepper.
- Prepare of Starch.
- You need 1 packages of preparer's favorite noodle, starch, rice, potato, pasta, or vegetable. Or none at all..
- You need of Optional.
- You need 5 cup of Kale, chopped.
- Prepare 5 cup of Spinach.
Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup instructions
- Chop all veggies to the desired size. I do my onions, leeks, celery, carrots small. The potatoes, turnips large. The rest medium..
- Brown Onions in the butter or vegan equivalent, in your big stockpot..
- Add coconut milk, garlic, curry paste, potatoes, turnips, all spices (except basil and cilantro) to browning onions. Bring to low boil over medium+ heat. 30 minutes. Stir often, don't burn..
- I use this time to prepare my starch. Egg Noodles are good, soba and / or rice noodles are wonderful too. What do YOU feel like tonight? Rice? Orzo?.
- Add carrots, celery, leeks, stock or broth (stock to taste – its here you decide how soupy you want your meal to be). Boil for 15 minutes more. Stir occasionally..
- Add corn, tomatoes, napa cabbage (or optional kale, spinach wait until the next step), any additional salt spices, coconut milk, or broth, and boil for 15 more minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Bring mixture to just below boil. Add spinach, one half bunch of cilantro, if you're using it. Add your mushrooms, broccoli, and basil. Cook until broccoli and mushrooms are soft. Don't stir too much..
- Serve. Enjoy. Use garlic/chile paste, soy sauce, Sriracha, hoisin, for additional flavor. Garnish with cilantro and basil..