Recipe: Tasty Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup
Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup. Debbie Bean is a los angeles stained glass artist. Specializing in geometric stained glass, fused glass, stained glass triangles, wall hangings and stained glass home decor. #debbiebean #stainedglass. Tasty Great Northern beans, simmered with ham, onion, brown sugar and spices.
I neglected to mention that I didn't need to add any. This incredibly easy and deliciously chunky Ham and Bean Soup features a medley of colorful vegetables, browned ham, and plenty of hearty white beans. Ham and Bean Soup – a homestyle, hearty and delicious soup that couldn't be easier to make! You can have Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup
- Prepare 2 of ham hocks.
- It’s 2 cups of or more cubed ham.
- You need 1 lb. of navy beans.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion diced.
- It’s of carrots (handful of baby) diced.
- Prepare of couple cloves of fresh garlic minced.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of rosemary and thyme.
- Prepare of parsley and a couple bay leaves.
- You need of dry mustard.
- You need of white vinegar.
- You need of water.
It requires minimal ingredients including a leftover ham bone, dry beans, some veggies, herbs and. White beans & ham simmered w/onions, carrots, seasonings and a few Classic Ham & Bean Soup must have super powers. Even though it has no arms, it hugs me just like. Ham and Bean Soup is one of our all time favorite foods to come home to on a chilly day.
Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup instructions
- Prepare dry beans according to package, either soaking overnight or doing quick soak. Drain and add to a stock pot along with the ham hocks and ham cubes. Add approximately 8 to 10 cups of water, diced onion, diced carrots, minced garlic, and seasonings, to taste. Bring to boil, then turn down and simmer on low covered several hours. I let mine go maybe 4 hours or so. Note: I add the seasonings to taste. A pinch here, a shake or splash there. See, I am really no help, lol!!.
- After you are done simmering and your beans are tender, remove the ham hocks and bay leaves from your pot. You can use whatever ham you can get off of the ham hocks..
- Make your dumplings. I use maybe 4 eggs beaten, a little salt, and keep stirring flour into the eggs to get a semi stiff, yet sticky consistency. Drop by teaspoonfuls into boiling water and they will float when done. Drain and add to your soup..
- You will have to keep playing with your seasonings. My rule of thumb is add a little at a time so you don't overdo it! I find adding a little vinegar and dry mustard gives the soup a better flavor. Dad always liked vinegar in his bean soup and I add extra to my own bowl at times. You can also add more or less ham and dumplings. My husband likes a heartier soup so I tend to add more. Enjoy!!.
This "no-soaking required" Ham and Bean soup takes just minutes to prepare and cooks effortlessly in your. White beans, ham shanks, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, Tabasco, and herbs make this delicious Hearty White Bean and Ham Soup, perfect for cold winter days! See more ideas about Ham and beans, Ham and bean soup, Cooking recipes. Ham Hock and bean soup in Instant Pot, Crock pot or slow cooker. Our Instant Pot Ham and Bean Soup has tremendous flavor and wonderful bean texture.