How to Prepare Appetizing Fiona's lentil soup
Fiona's lentil soup. Lentil soup is a soup based on lentils; it may be vegetarian or include meat, and may use brown, red, yellow or black lentils, with or without the husk. Lentil Soup – super easy, cozy and healthy lentil soup that is huge in flavor. Loaded with earthy and aromatic spices with a little bit of heat.
Lentils are a great source of plant-based protein and full of vitamins and Making lentil soup is easy. The first step is to boil the lentils in water and broth and then simmer for. A light, healthy and flavorful lentil soup with spices, wilted spinach greens, and fresh lemon juice. You can have Fiona's lentil soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fiona's lentil soup
- You need 1 of large brown onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 250 grams of split red lentils.
- Prepare 1 of large grated carrot.
- Prepare 400 grams of tinned chopped tomatoes.
- You need 400 ml of low fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 500 ml of chicken stock (more if needed).
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar (to taste).
Whether you want lentil soup with bacon or tomatoes, these hearty recipes for lentil soup are perfect comfort food. If you want a lentil soup that will quickly become a family favorite, I highly recommend giving it a try. The original recipe was my grandmother's, and it actually won first prize when she entered it at a. Lentil soup, made from scratch with simple ingredients.
Fiona's lentil soup instructions
- Fry onion in olive oil with spices.
- When onion is soft add grated carrot fry until soft.
- Add lentils tomatoes chicken stock and coconut milk simmer for 30-45mins.
- Check your consistency.
- Blend/blitz until liking eg lumpy or smooth.
- Eat with crusty bread xxxx.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar to taste if needed.
Lentil soup, made from scratch with simple ingredients. It's so healthy, filling and comforting, perfect to warm you up on a cold day. Lentil soup is a culinary wonder — it is creamy without any dairy, warmly spiced, and easy to make Essentially, lentil soup is everything we need right now. This lentil soup recipe is a few years in the. This classic, slow-simmered lentil soup is seasoned with ham and vegetables.