Recipe: Yummy Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings
Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings. This cozy tomato dumpling soup is filled with dumplings made of ricotta and Parmesan cheese and flavored with fresh basil. I first saw this soup recipe in How to make tomato dumpling soup. What's not to love about dumplings?
FOR DUMPLINGS: Meanwhile, combine ricotta Add flour and mix until just combined. Scoop dumpling mixture directly into simmering soup. Scoop dumpling mixture directly into simmering soup. You can have Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of can crushed tomato.
- Prepare of can tomato sauce.
- You need of Fresh basil.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- It’s of flour.
- Prepare of ricotta.
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- Prepare of egg white lightly beaten.
The frozen cubes of chopped basil work nicely in this dish. This recipe is slightly modified from the original to increase the soup to dumpling ratio. For the dumplings: rinse herbs, shake dry, pluck off leaves and chop finely. Combine with ricotta, lemon zest, Parmesan, egg and flour, mix to a Pour soup into bowls.
Tomato Basil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings step by step
- Pour olive oil into 3 quart sauce pan, press garlic into oil, cook over medium heat untill garlic is golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, and chicken broth..
- As that comes to a boil, in a bowl add ricotta, parmesan, egg white, flour, salt, and pepper. Mix untill just combined..
- Drop small scoops of ricotta mixture into simmering soup, cook for 3-5 min and serve..
Remove dumplings with a slotted spoon and drain, place on top of soup. Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with red pepper. For basil dumplings, in a small bowl stir together flour, basil, salt, and baking powder. This is one of the few times of year where we have fresh basil in the garden but want comforting soup. Tomato basil soup with ricotta dumplings has both and is one of our old faves!