Chicken and Dumpling Soup. Place the chicken, water, bouillon, peppercorns and cloves in a stockpot. Cover and bring to a boil; skim foam. Chicken Soup Chicken and Dumplings Chicken and Dumpling Recipes There's nothing like old-fashioned homemade chicken and dumplings for a filling, comforting meal.
How about a sleeker version of momma's Chicken and Dumplings Recipe? Chicken and Dumplings Soup brings all the best qualities of Chicken and Dumplings together for the modern palate, leaving the gravy and heartburn in the past. We're having another Kitchen Conversation with Land O'Lakes! You can have Chicken and Dumpling Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Dumpling Soup
- You need of Soup.
- It’s of chicken breasts.
- It’s of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- It’s of garlic.
- It’s of frozen peas and carrots.
- It’s of corn.
- It’s of oregano.
- You need of thyme.
- It’s of bay leaf.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Dumplings.
- Prepare of flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of tblsp butter.
- You need of milk.
This time, the topic is Modernizing Vintage Recipes. This chicken and dumplings soup is super easy to make thanks to Pillsbury™ biscuit dough, but you can make it even easier! The recipe calls for cooked chicken; instead of cooking the chicken yourself and taking the time to shred it, pick up some shredded rotisserie chicken from the grocery store so all the prep work is already done for you. Granted, I did used canned chicken (chopped or shredded work perfect though), soup, veggies, and biscuit dough.
Chicken and Dumpling Soup instructions
- Put chicken, cream of chicken soup, 2 cups chicken broth, garlic, peas, carrots, corn, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper in a crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours..
- About half an hour before you’re ready to serve the soup, make the dumplings. Put the flour, sugar, salt, butter, baking powder, and milk in a bowl and mix together with a fork..
- Ladle some of the broth from the soup into a shallow pan and bring to a boil. Sometimes the soup is too thick to get enough broth, so I add an additional two cups of chicken broth before making the dumplings..
- Cook small clumps of the dumpling dough in the boiling broth. Cook about 4 minutes on each side until the inside is done..
- Add dumplings back to crockpot and serve..
Chicken dumplings flavored with parsley and tarragon are cooked in a chicken broth soup with carrots and chunks of chicken breast in this golden bowl of goodness. In a large stock pot or saucepan cover the chicken with salted water and simmer until cooked through. When tender, remove chicken from pot. Remove meat from bones and keep warm while making the dumplings. Add the chicken broth, cream, thyme, and bay leaves and bring to a simmer.