Recipe: Delicious Molo Soup (Filipino Pork Dumpling Soup)
Molo Soup (Filipino Pork Dumpling Soup). Patis has a flavor allll its own. In the Philippines, there is also the leafy green called malunggay (Moringa Oleifera) that is often added to the soup. The classic pancit molo is served with a robust chicken broth (or a combination of chicken and ham broth) and garnished with chopped green onions.
Molo soup is comfort in a bowl: homemade broth, lots of veggies, and dumplings filled with both pork and chicken. Add molo dumplings and shredded chicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper. You can have Molo Soup (Filipino Pork Dumpling Soup) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Molo Soup (Filipino Pork Dumpling Soup)
- Prepare of k ground pork.
- It’s of large carrot, diced.
- Prepare of medium onions, chopped.
- It’s of small garlic head, chopped.
- Prepare of eggs, beaten.
- You need of Green onions, chopped.
- It’s of dash, flour.
- It’s of Molo wrappers.
- It’s of leeks, chopped.
- Prepare of pot, chicken broth from chicken parts.
- It’s of Cooked chicken, deboned (in strips).
- You need of chicken bullion cube.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Cooking oil.
Pancit Molo- Filipino Pork Wontons Dumplings Soup. The Pancit Molo is our family's favorite soup. I simmer a potful of chicken broth with celery, onions, scallions and fish sauce or 'patis'. Into this rapidly boiling broth, I toss in the pork-filled wonton dumplings.
Molo Soup (Filipino Pork Dumpling Soup) step by step
- Broth: Cook chicken parts in water (don't fill to the top as it might overflow when u add the dumplings) and season with salt, pepper and bullion until desired taste is acquired. Once cooked, remove chicken parts and debone, then cut in strips and set aside..
- Filling: Combine ground pork, carrots, 3/4 of the chopped onions and garlic (leave the rest for the soup), and a handful of green onions. Mix well with your hands. Add a dash of flour, sprinkling over the top then mix in. Season with salt and pepper..
- Dumplings: Fill molo wrappers with the Pork mix filling..
- Preparing the soup: Sauté remaining onions and garlic in a pan with oil. Then add the chicken fillet strips. Sauté quickly then drop in the pot of broth. Add in your molo dumplings. Add the remaining green onions and leeks..
- Season and adjust to taste. Optional: cut strips of unused molo wrapper and drop in the soup. Mix gently..
- When dumplings are cooked, remove from heat and serve..
On days you have time, make a huge batch. Molo Recipe Filipino Recipes Filipino Food Dumplings For Soup Pancit Oxtail Wonton Wrappers Noodles Cake Recipes. [/su_brhrbr]Pancit Molo or Filipino pork dumpling soup is a type of soup using wonton wrappers which originated from Molo district in Iloilo City. It composed of a mixture of pork mince (ground pork) wrapped in molo or wonton wrapper, shredded chicken meat, and also prawns. Pancit Molo is similar to the Chinese wonton soup with a slightly different flavor profile. It originated in the Molo area of Iloilo, Philippines.