Italian stretch soup!. This is a list of notable Italian soups. Soups are sometimes served as the primo, or first course in Italian cuisine. In some regions of Italy, such as Veneto, soup is eaten more than pasta.
Sauteing onions, celery, carrots, and squash delivers a flavor. I make this zippy, satisfying soup all the time, and it's my dad's favorite. The recipe makes a lot, and I have found that it freezes well and tastes just as great reheated. You can have Italian stretch soup! using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian stretch soup!
- You need 5 of strips bacon keep the bacon grease..
- It’s 6 of sausage links( casings removed).
- You need 1 cup of hamburger( cooked) can cook with the pork I just had already cooked burger left over..
- You need 3/4 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of lg. mushroom (sliced).
- It’s 1/2 of head cabbage ,chopped(red is what i had great flavor nice surprise).
- It’s 2 tbsp of garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Italian herbs.
- Prepare 1/2 gallon of more or less to liking stock of choice( I had stock from corned beef and cabbage left ).
- You need 3 of potatoes.
- You need 4 of carrots.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter/ and or coconut oil.
This soup is easy to put together, and the flavor of the spicy sausage is balanced nicely by Great Northern beans Nutritional Information. This soup comes with a memory: a bowl of hearty soup served by my mother-in-law one chilly fall afternoon many years ago. I remember the tomatoey broth being so complex yet so comforting. Table of contents : – Spicy Italian Soup – Italian Wedding Soup – Italian Stir Fry – Italian Sausage & Spinach Soup – Cheesy Italian Sausage skillet – Italian spiced chicken stir fry – Italian stretch soup!
Italian stretch soup! step by step
- Use a stock pot thin enough you can sauté in. If you don't have one a sauté pan/ fry pan works too..
- Cook up the bacon till crisp enough to crumble but not loose flavor in stock pot. Set aside just to cool then crumble. Put back into stock pot along with the bacon fat..
- Add butter and or oil, onion, and mushroom. Sauté till onion is caramelized. I used the butter and bacon fat for flavor and added coconut oil cuz there was a lot to sauté and didn't want to add more fat..
- Add Italian herbs sauté a couple minutes add in hamburger and sausage. Cook till most all pink is gone. Add garlic . Sauté another min. Add cabbage..
- Once cabbage is tender add carrots potatoes and stock..
- Cook till veggies are all tender add salt and pepper to taste..
Creamy tomato soup is elevated by adding cheese-filled tortellini, Italian sausage, and fresh spinach. A touch of cream and a handful of fresh basil make this easy weeknight meal a fan favorite! Italian Vegetable soup recipe full of vegetables and white beans. Nutritional information and Weight Watchers Points included. Made for Instant Pot or stove, this sausage soup is a breeze for beginners and satisfies the whole family!