Recipe: Appetizing Mike's Mexican Sick Day Soup
Mike's Mexican Sick Day Soup. We're in prime cold and flu season, and with it comes the need to keep plenty of feel-better soups in your recipe arsenal. Quick & Easy Sick Day Soup. This fall/winter season has not been good to me.
Or you can incorporate green chilies with chicken or pork to make a slow-cooked meal with hearty, well-developed flavors that will keep you returning to the pot for more.. These satisfying Mexican-inspired soup recipes are delicious for Cinco de Mayo—or any time a craving calls. This filling soup is great when you need to warm up on a blustery day! You can cook Mike's Mexican Sick Day Soup using 38 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Mexican Sick Day Soup
- It’s of ● For The Soup.
- It’s 2 Cups of Shreded Rotisserie Chicken.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Pre-cooked Spicy Pork Chorizo.
- You need 64 oz of Chicken Broth [you may need more].
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of Can Hatch Green Chilies.
- You need 1 Cup of Chopped Green Bell Peppers.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Chopped Green Onions.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Fine Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 Can of Sweet Corn [drained].
- It’s 1 Can of Black Or Dark Red Beans [drained & rinsed].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Of Your Favorite Red Salsa.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Shredded Mexican 3 Cheese [+ reserves].
- You need 1 Can of ROTEL Tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice.
- You need 4 of Sliced Jalapenos.
- You need 1 of LG Chopped Firm Tomato.
- It’s 1 Cup of Shredded Cabbage.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Fresh Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Chopped Red Onions.
- It’s 1 Cup of Chopped White Onions.
- You need 1 Cup of Chopped Cilantro [+ reserves].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Chopped Celery.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Mexican Oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried Epazote.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tapatio Hot Sauce.
- It’s 1 Packet of McCormic Taco Seasoning.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of ● For The Side Options.
- Prepare as needed of Shredded Mexican 3 Cheese.
- It’s as needed of Warm Flour Tortillas.
- It’s as needed of Tapatio Hot Sauce.
- You need as needed of Sliced Avocados.
- It’s as needed of Tortilla Chips.
- Prepare as needed of Sour Cream.
If you want a chowder consistency, use a potato masher to break down some of the. Fire roasted tomatoes, fajita seasoning, and seasoned black beans give this quick and delicious soup a cooked all day flavor. And thanks to his post on. This delicious Mexican lentil soup is vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free!
Mike's Mexican Sick Day Soup step by step
- Throw everything in your pot [except side options] and simmer for 45 minutes. Stir regularly..
- Serve piping hot with any of your side options. Enjoy!.
The best healthy veggie soup to warm up with. Packed with protein, fiber, and veggies, this Mexican lentil soup is a complete one-pot meal. Last week a couple of my amazing girlfriends came over for mama happy hour. Made it because I'm sick today and maybe my sick day soup for now on! The best part of a sick day is this deliciously complex chicken noodle soup.