Recipe: Perfect When You're Sick Soup
When You're Sick Soup. And when you're sick, eating the right foods is more important than ever. Certain foods have powerful properties that can support your body while it's fighting an illness. We're in prime cold and flu season, and with it comes the need to keep plenty of feel-better soups in your recipe arsenal.
I meant to film a little about. When you're sick, your immune system will likely receive "support" to fight the cold from standard over-the-counter cold medicines. However, in some instances, the nutrients from chicken noodle soup can aid with that support system. You can cook When You're Sick Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of When You're Sick Soup
- It’s 3 of large yellow onions chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 bag of shredded and cleaned collard greens.
- You need 1 bunch of celery chopped.
- You need 6-8 of red potatoes chopped.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro chopped.
- It’s 1 bunch of green onions chopped.
- Prepare 2 cartons of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of small bag of frozen corn.
- You need 3 of chicken breast.
- You need 1 of ring of smoked sausage (optional).
- Prepare 1 of small carton heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
Studies have shown that a hearty bowl of chicken soup may help you to. Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Let's get you back in working order. Here's what to eat and But what we do know is that when you're sick, your body needs at least some nourishment.
When You're Sick Soup step by step
- Put onions, garlic, and meat in stock pot with a little olive oil and brown.
- Add chicken stock and rest of vegetable ingredients and bring to boil.
- Turn to simmer and add cream stirring occasionally until potatoes are done. About 20 minutes roughly. We dont like mushy greens so 20 minutes is perfect for us..
- Enjoy with a cup of hot tea and get feeling better quick..
- (you can add any frozen vegetables you like to this soup. Stay away from citrus due to the cream).
This one isn't just an old wives' tale — chicken noodle may actually help soothe a cold. Few foods are as comforting as eating soup when you're recovering from a cold. If you're feeling a little under the weather, but you don't want plain old chicken soup, we got you covered. Here's what you should eat when you're sick. Don't worry about the garlic stinking up your breath, cause you probably aren't going to be kissing anyone anytime soon while you're sick (and if.