Sausage Tortellini Soup. This Sausage Tortellini Soup is a tomato-based soup loaded with vegetables, Italian sausage and cheese tortellini. It's the perfect cold weather soup and freezer friendly! Italian sausage, garlic, tomatoes, red wine, and tortellini – this soup combines favorite ingredients from an Italian kitchen.
How to Make Sausage Tortellini Soup. Tortellini soup is a delicious meal on it's own, but you can pair it with some garlic bread and a big green salad and add a few more guests to dinner. This tortellini soup with sausage is a complete meal in one pot. You can have Sausage Tortellini Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage Tortellini Soup
- You need 1 quart of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 28 oz of Diced Tomatoes.
- You need 8 oz of Cream Cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Chicken Soup Seasonings (Savory, Thyme, Rosemary, etc.).
- Prepare 1 lb of Tortellini.
- You need 4 oz of Aged Parmesan.
- You need 1 lb of Ground Mild Italian Sausage.
- You need 1 tsp of White Pepper.
This cheese tortellini soup with sausage is the perfect comfort food. One of the best things about this creamy sausage tortellini soup is that you don't have to spend much time chopping stuff. This soup comes with a memory: a bowl of hearty soup served by my mother-in-law one chilly fall afternoon many I had frozen tortellini and sausage in the freezer, so dinner just about made itself. Add the olive oil and sausage to a large soup pot (if your sausage is in casings, squeeze it out of the casing).
Sausage Tortellini Soup step by step
- Combine chicken stock, tomatoes, spices, cream cheese, and Parmesan in crock pot. Allow to combine, about an hour, on high heat..
- Brown ground sausage in pan, drain grease to your health preference, add to crock pot. Allow to combine with rest of soup for another hour..
- If using precooked and frozen tortellini thaw and add to crock pot approximately 20 mins before eating. This will allow them to heat. They will float when warm..
Sausage Tortellini Soup – The perfect comfort soup for cold days and chilly evenings. This tortellini soup is my husband's favorite and you'll soon find out why – it's easy to make and so incredibly. My husband's grandmother used to make this soup with her own homemade sausage and tortellini. Josh's Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup is hearty, full of flavor, and easy to make. There is nothing wimpy about this Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup.