Recipe: Appetizing Spinach and Sausage Soup
Spinach and Sausage Soup. Now this soup is packed with spicy Italian sausage, potatoes and hearty spinach – a complete meal in a single bowl. The only downside of this recipe is that the leftovers were not enough. Next time I'll just have to double the batch and load up on that side of crusty bread to go along with it!
Cook sausage in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. The classic combination of sausage and spinach comes together in this hearty soup. So easy to whip up and satisfying enough for even the heartiest appetites. You can have Spinach and Sausage Soup using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach and Sausage Soup
- It’s 10 oz of Sweet Turkey Italian Sausage.
- It’s of Cooking Spray.
- Prepare 1 cup of Prechopped Onion.
- You need 2 tsp of Bottled Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 (15 ounce) of can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 ounce) of can organic stewed tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1 (14 ounce) of can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of baby spinach.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh oregano.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of grated fresh Romano cheese.
Add the sausage and cook until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. This soup is easy to put together, and the flavor of the spicy sausage is balanced nicely by Great Northern beans, zucchini, fresh spinach, and carrots. I use turkey Italian sausage to cut down on the fat content. We love the Parmesan cheese toasts on top.use a nice crusty bread for those.
Spinach and Sausage Soup instructions
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over high heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Add onion and 2 teaspoons garlic to pan; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup water, beans, tomatoes, and broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover and cook for 3 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat, and stir in spinach, basil, and oregano. Ladle 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 4 bowls, and sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese.
Heat a large saucepot over high heat. This delicious spinach lentil soup is made with smoked sausage and spinach, along with a spicy seasoning blend and diced tomatoes. The soup is a wonderful combination of ingredients. If you like a lighter soup, consider using chicken or turkey smoked sausage or kielbasa. Combine the sausage, beans, broth, garlic, spinach and marjoram in a medium saucepan.