How to Cook Appetizing Pea soup
Pea soup. This is a hearty split pea soup has a flavorful ham bone cooked with carrots, potatoes, onions, and a pinch of marjoram. This is a wonderful, hearty split pea soup. Great for a fall or blustery winter day.
Split Pea Soup is the perfect hearty winter soup to serve your family as it is so easy-to-mak and so good! My family considered this soup as an all-time comfort food. Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks. You can cook Pea soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pea soup
- Prepare 1 cup of Dry green peas.
- Prepare 4 of Carrots.
- It’s 2 of Onions.
- Prepare 3 of Celery stems.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 4 of Kabanos sausages (or similar smoked kelbassas).
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Smoked pork (or other meat).
- It’s 1/2 liter of Chicken stock.
- You need 2 of Potatos.
- You need 1/3 cup of Groat grain.
- It’s 1 dash of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt.
- It’s 1 dash of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 slice of Lemon.
This filling, hearty soup is perfect for cold winter days. I had been eating split pea soup for at least half my life before I realized it was not traditionally a A lot of vegetarian split pea soups add potatoes for bulk, but I find it only further mutes a muted soup's. Pea soup takes time to make, but mostly cooks unattended. You can start it on a weekend when you're around the house, early in the afternoon, and make enough for a few days' worth of leftovers.
Pea soup instructions
- Peal and dice carrots, onions and celery.
- Fry the diced veg. in your soup pot for ~20 minutes while stirring periodically.
- Cover with chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Add meats and peas and cook for ~1 hour on low heat covered.
- after the meats have coocked, take them out and dice them.
- retrive the vegies from the soup and puree them with a blender.
- Return the veg.-pea puree with the diced meats to the soup and bring to boil.
- add the groat and pealed/diced potstos.
- taste and corfect flavor with spices and lemon.
This is a fabulous "throw it all in the slow cooker" Pea and Ham soup. There's no need to cook the onion separately – it "sautés". Can you overcook split pea soup? Split peas take a very long time to soften, so you don't have to worry about overcooking them. This easy pea soup recipe is one you'll make time and again when you're in a rush.