Recipe: Tasty Spicy Thai chicken soup
Spicy Thai chicken soup. This Thai-inspired soup is full of chunks of tender chicken and mushrooms, and is rich and spicy with the addition of coconut milk, red curry paste, ginger, and garlic. All Reviews for Spicy Chicken Thai Soup. Coconut milk tames the heat and combines deliciously with shredded chicken breast in Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup.
The kids went back to school. It's bold, veggie-laden, and a feast for the senses. This Spicy Thai Chicken Soup recipe is just what you need when you're feeling under the weather (or just in need of something delicious). You can cook Spicy Thai chicken soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Thai chicken soup
- You need 2 teaspoons of canola oil.
- You need 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced red bell pepper.
- It’s 4 tsp of minced fresh ginger.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass stalk.
- You need 2 tsp of sambal (fresh chili paste).
- It’s 3 cup of low sodium chicken stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 2 cup of shredded chicken (I use white meat).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped green onion.
- You need 1 of cilantro and fresh lime to garnish.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of rice uncooked.. added with the chicken stock. it will cook in the soup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of thai red curry paste (Or little more if you like).
I haven't had a cold yet this season (knock on wood!), but last week I had a Thai massage. For national soup month in January, I came up with a new recipe every day. It's so easy, with just a touch of special Thai flavors. For an even richer flavor, try using whole coconut milk. —Diane Nemitz, Ludington, Michigan.
Spicy Thai chicken soup instructions
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms and the next 4 ingredients (through lemongrass); cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chile and curry paste; cook 1 minute…
- Add Chicken Stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add chicken to pot ; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Discard lemongrass. Top with onions, cilantro, and lime juice.
Lemongrass, ginger, fish sauce, rice noodles all come together in one fantastic Spicy Thai Chicken and Rice Noodle soup. This month Thai food is bubbling to the surface. I made Pad Thai the other day and re-discovered rice noodles, which are noodles made from rice flour instead of. Chicken noodle soup never fails to satisfy us. The wholesome combination of chicken, noodles and vegetables in a savory broth is endlessly nourishing.