Yummy Thicker Potato Soup. If you prefer thicker soups, choose vegetable purées made with water or skim milk as a base – their smooth, creamy texture feels indulgent, and the puréed. We're sharing Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Potato Soup today… Thick, creamy, and seemingly sinful! We added more vegetables and used chicken broth instead of water and it was yummy!
Chicken Potato Soup. . . credit : HidaMari Cooking. The Best Yummy Chicken Soup Recipes on Yummly Yummy Chicken Barley Soup, Chicken Gnocchi Soup, Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup. chicken, onion, water, potatoes, oil, chicken bouillon cube, garlic. You can cook Yummy Thicker Potato Soup using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yummy Thicker Potato Soup
- It’s 8 of White potatoes.
- Prepare 5 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 3 cup of Milk.
- You need 4 slice of Bacon.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 1/2 packages of Smoked Sausage.
- It’s 1 of Salt And Pepper.
- It’s tbsp of chicken better than bouillon.
- It’s tbsp of onion powder.
- You need tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 of instant potaotes.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of bisquick.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Any time I serve this thick comforting soup, I'm asking for the recipe. Because it is loaded with chunks of potatoes and chicken, no one suspects that it's low in fat. -Carla Reid of Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. Tips for Perfect Creamy Potato Soup. I simply adore this chicken potato soup.
Yummy Thicker Potato Soup step by step
- Peel, rinse, and dice potatoes. Place in pot with 5 cups of water. Set aside..
- Dice smoked Sausage and bacon slices.
- In a skillet, add 1/2 stick of butter and vegetable oil and saute diced onion, bacon, and sausage together. Until onion is tender. Drain grease..
- Boil the potatoes until tender on medium heat..
- Once tender, add in 3 cups of milk. Stirring frequently..
- Stir in salt, pepper, onion, powder, and garlic powder..
- Place remaining 1 1/2 sticks of butter in soup. Stir in until it melts..
- Stir in chicken bouillon..
- Add the sautéd onion, bacon, and smoked sausage..
- Add instant potatoes off and on during cooking until it gets to desired thickness..
- In a mixing bowl, add bisquick and remaining 1/2 cup of water and mix until a ball of dough is formed..
- Add in the dough to the soup by the tablespoon..
- After making sure potatoes are done, ENJOY! I like to put some shredded cheese in my bowl and mix it in my soup..
It's one of those really simple all-rounder comfort food recipes that easy to make and tastes great. The potatoes help thicken up the broth and makes it deliciously filling. This Colombian Chicken Potato Soup is the best potato soup made easy in the instant pot (pressure cooker) or stove top. Potatoes may have gotten a bad rap in the last few years for their high glycemic index, which can cause a spike and dip in blood sugar. It tasted to me like a yummy mashed potato soup, only much tastier than any mashed potatoes I've ever had.