Rich's Pasta Fagioli Soup. The BEST Pasta e Fagioli Soup! And yes, it's even better than Olive Garden's! This Italian style soup is loaded with hearty ground beef, fresh vegetables, creamy beans, tender pasta and delicious herbs all in a rich and savory broth.
I knew—and loved—this dish years before I knew how to spell it. Pasta Fagioli, aka pasta fazool (which is Neapolitan dialect for the standard Italian word for "beans"), is a peasant dish, a simple soup of pasta and beans and. This pasta fagioli from Delish.com is a whole meal in a soup. You can cook Rich's Pasta Fagioli Soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rich's Pasta Fagioli Soup
- It’s 1 lb of Ground Beef.
- You need 1 lb of Ground Mild Italian Sausage.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Diced Red Onion.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Shredded Carrots.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Chopped Celery.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 48 oz of Beef Stock.
- You need 30 oz of Canned Great Northern Beans.
- Prepare 30 oz of Canned Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 64 oz of V8 Vegetable Juice.
- You need 16 oz of Dry Ditalini Pasta.
- You need 5 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 3 pinch of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dried Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 2 dash of Tabasco Sauce.
Traditionally this soup is made from dried beans, but we've opted for canned beans for ease. Not only can we be sure that canned beans are cooked perfectly every time, but in this recipe we're also using their canning liquid for added flavor. Pasta Fagioli Soup recipe is a classic Italian soup served at the Olive Garden restaurant. This Pasta Fagioli recipe is a hearty classic Italian soup that's comforting, and takes less than an hour!
Rich's Pasta Fagioli Soup instructions
- In a frying pan combine ground beef and ground sausage. Brown over medium heat until thoroughly cooked. Drain and set aside..
- In a large stock pot add olive oil, onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Heat over medium until onions are translucent..
- Add the set aside meat mixture to the same pot as the vegatable mix..
- Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT THE PASTA to the same pot as the meat and vegatables. Cover and let boil slowly for at least 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning on the bottom of the pot..
- Now add the dry pasta and replace cover. Let boil for around 10 minutes..
- Turn off heat, stir and serve!.
It's filled with veggies and spicy sausage meat cooked in a hearty and rich tomato broth. Pasta e Fagioli, a hearty one pot pasta and beans dinner soup made with small pasta, aromatics and three kinds of beans simmered in flavorful Italian-style tomato broth. Since pasta is cooked in the same broth, this soup is naturally creamy and stick-to-ribs comforting without any cream or thickeners. Pasta Fagioli (Pasta and Beans) is a great tasting, hearty, vegetarian Italian pasta and bean soup, perfect for the cold, super quick and freezer friendly. Pasta Fagioli, technically Pasta e Fagioli, but I don't speak Italian.