Lasagna Soup – Slow Cooker. CrockPot Lasagna Soup is the perfect weeknight dinner! In this easy recipe, the slow cooker does all of the work to bring the goodness of lasagna and the comfort of soup together into one amazing meal. A light and healthier version of lasagna with all of the traditional flavours, easy to make and comes together in No layering or waiting around your oven!
For the best lasagna soup, a jar of marinara beats out a can of chopped tomatoes because of the flavor and texture it delivers. Every fall and winter, our staff has a soup rotation. I have modified this recipe so I can prep it the night before and put it in the slow cooker in the morning. You can cook Lasagna Soup – Slow Cooker using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lasagna Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey or Italian sausage).
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 2 cups of sliced mushrooms (optional).
- You need 1 can (28 oz.) of no salt crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of no salt diced tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1 can (8 oz.) of no salt tomato sauce.
- You need 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- It’s 2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- You need 2 tsp. of dried parsley.
- You need 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 2 cups of pasta of choice.
- It’s of Ricotta cheese, for serving.
- It’s of Freshly shredded mozzarella cheese, for serving.
- You need of Freshly shredded parmesan cheese, for serving.
An easy recipe for Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup. This hearty, delicious recipe is perfect for chilly weather or anytime you want lasagna without layering noodles and firing up your oven. Customize with your favorite noodles and all the cheese! Spring break is underway, and I'm heading back to.
Lasagna Soup – Slow Cooker step by step
- Grease your slow cooker and set it aside..
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the beef and cook until brown throughout, breaking it up as you go. Drain the fat, then add it into the slow cooker..
- Add all the additional ingredients EXCEPT for the pasta and cheeses..
- Place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours..
- Once getting ready to serve, heat a large pot of water over high heat on the stove. Once it's come to a boil, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Then drain it and stir the pasta into the soup..
- Taste and add any additional seasonings you think the soup needs, then serve immediately..
- We like to top our bowls with some ricotta cheese mixed with a little mozzarella and parmesan. Some red chili flakes are good if you'd like a little spice..
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup is the a quick mix of easy, winter, slow cooker, pasta and cheese perfection. We're a huge fan of slow cooker soups because they're warm, filling and easy! Plus with holidays and cold weather and school in full swing, time is in short supply. Slow cooking makes lasagna soup easy to make any night of the week, and it can be made with the slow cooker function on the Instant Pot too. Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, mushrooms, basil, parsley, water, salt and pepper to slow cooker; stir.