Tuscan Style Tortellini Soup.
You can have Tuscan Style Tortellini Soup using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuscan Style Tortellini Soup
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of smoked sausage or keilbasa, diced.
- You need 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 of large carrot, diced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- It’s 6 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- It’s 1 can (15 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of Canellini beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of dried basil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- It’s 1 package (12 oz.) of tortellini.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 3 of packed cups spinach, coarsely chopped.
Tuscan Style Tortellini Soup step by step
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the sausage. Cook until browned nicely, then remove it to a towel lined plate and cover with foil. Place the butter into the pot. Once it melts, add the onion, carrot and celery with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 6-8 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook another couple of minutes. Increase the heat to med-high..
- Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and cook another couple of minutes. Then slowly stir in the broth, cream and tomatoes until it's all added and stir in the beans and seasonings. Wait for it to come to a low boil. Once at a boil, stir in the tortellini and the sausage. Reduce the heat and let it simmer until the tortellini are al dente (How long depends whether you used frozen, dried or fresh refrigerated. Refer to the package cook time.)..
- Stir in the chopped spinach. Let it simmer just another couple of minutes, until the spinach has wilted. Then taste to see if it needs any additional seasoning and serve. It is so good with some freshly grated parmesan cheese..