Lentil and Sausage Soup. Lentil soup flavored with sausage and herbs. Serve with Romano cheese sprinkled on top of each serving bowl. I love the sausage and lentil soup at Carrabb's Grill and always wish I would be able to get the recipe.
Add water if necessary, for desired consistency. Lentil & Sausage Stew is a fast and easy soup bursting with flavor and chock full of good-for-you vegetables! Plus it freezes well for later. You can have Lentil and Sausage Soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lentil and Sausage Soup
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 2 cup of sliced leeks (some greens).
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chopped carrots.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 6 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 16 oz of Lentils, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- You need 1 lb of kielbasa, cut in half, lengthwise, sliced.
Measure out the lentils and pick through them to make sure there are no stones. Add them to the pot along with the cayenne, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano. The beauty of this soup is that it manages to be soul-warming but not overly heavy. The broth is light, and aromatic with wine and marjoram, and you feel like you've won the lottery each time you come across a piece of garlicky sausage.
Lentil and Sausage Soup step by step
- Heat oil in large stock pot over medium heat..
- Saute' leeks, garlic, salt, thyme, black pepper, and cumin until leeks are softened..
- Stir in carrots and celery, saute 5 minutes..
- Add in chicken broth, lentils and tomato paste..
- Cover and simmer for 50 minutes..
- Stir in kielbasa; simmer 10 minutes..
- Serve with Parmesan Cheese, if desired..
AntoniaJames has you simmer the lentils and veggies until. Sausage and Lentil Soup Storing Tips. This soup is a copycat version of Carrabba's Spicy Sausage Lentil soup! It's loaded with hot Italian sausage, lentils, ham, veggies and is totally delicious! It's inspired by sausage and white bean soup, with a Southern twist that adds a whole lot of flavor.