Lentil soup with sausage. In a large pot combine all ingredients bring to boil. Add water if necessary, for desired consistency. Lentil soup flavored with sausage and herbs.
The sausage's flavors are reinforced by adding more garlic and pepper to the soup itself, for pops of flavor. Pleasantly firm but creamy on the inside, Beluga lentils (also known as black lentils) are worth seeking out for this hearty soup because they hold their shape when cooked, adding a lovely texture. I first tasted this wonderful soup at a friend's house. You can cook Lentil soup with sausage using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lentil soup with sausage
- It’s 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 2 of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of chopped celery rib.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of brown lentils.
- You need 6 cup of beef or chicken broth or water.
- You need 1 of sliced kielbasa.
- You need 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
Now it's my favorite, especially on a cool, crisp night. —Catherine Rowe, Berthoud, Colorado. Kale Sausage Soup with Tomatoes and Chickpeas. Eggplant Lentil Stew with Pomegranate Molasses Creamy Tortellini Soup with Sausage and Spinach This delicious lentil soup is made with spicy smoked sausage and spinach, along with a Cajun or Creole seasoning blend and diced tomatoes. The soup is a wonderful combination of ingredients.
Lentil soup with sausage step by step
- heat oil, brown sausage, remove from pan and set aside.
- cook onion in oil until browning.
- add carrots and celery, cook till softening.
- add lentals and broth and simmer, covered until tender.
- stir in and heat sausage and vinegar.
If you like a lighter soup, consider using chicken or turkey smoked sausage or kielbasa. Today's soup happens to be a family favorite. It's a copycat version of the spicy sausage lentil soup that we get at Carrabba's. It is loaded with flavor from the hot Italian sausage, lentils, ham, and veggies. It's inspired by sausage and white bean soup, but we gave it a Southern twist by adding a pack of Andouille chicken sausage.