Mom's sausage tortellini soup. I used link sausage and cooked in the broth before removing and thinly slicing. Used smoked mozzarella ravioli instead of tortellini. All Reviews for Joe's Mom's Sausage and Tortellini Soup.
For those of you who are new here, my kids. Yes you can freeze this soup WITHOUT adding the tortellini. Soups in general freeze really well but those with pasta in them do not. You can have Mom's sausage tortellini soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mom's sausage tortellini soup
- It’s of Soup base ingredients.
- It’s 1 lb of Italian hot sausage.
- It’s 1 large of onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 3 can of beef broth.
- It’s 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of red dry wine.
- Prepare 2 medium of carrots.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of add to sauce.
- Prepare 9 oz of tortellini.
- You need 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
The pasta tends to get very mushy as it thaws so I do not recommend freezing it. Freese the tomato soup with the sausage in a freezer bag or other freezer container for. This Sausage Tortellini Soup is a tomato-based soup loaded with vegetables, Italian sausage and cheese tortellini. It's the perfect cold weather soup.
Mom's sausage tortellini soup instructions
- Brown sausage with onion and garlic.
- In a saucepan, add remaining sauce ingredients and cook for 30 minutes..
- Add in tortellini and parmesan cheese..
- Cook for another 10 minutes..
Cold weather comfort food is here and I feel like we are finally on the same page again! Don't get me wrong, I have. Tortellini and Sausage Soup is everyone's favorite. You will be asked for the recipe over and over! How to Make Sausage Tortellini Soup.