Recipe: Tasty Spicy chorizo & longaniza shrimp soup
Spicy chorizo & longaniza shrimp soup. Learn more about this spicy sausage, including where it's from, the varieties, and Mexican chorizo is typically seasoned with vinegar and chile peppers, while Spanish chorizo is made. Chorizo (/tʃəˈriːzoʊ, -soʊ/, from Spanish [tʃoˈɾiθo]) or chouriço (from Portuguese [ʃo(w)ˈɾisu]) is a type of pork sausage. Traditionally, it uses natural casings made from intestines, a method used since Roman antiquity.
Cook chorizo in a large saucepan over medium heat, breaking sausage into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until meat and fat. Couscous is combined with shrimp and Chorizo, along with onions, garlic and warm spices like turmeric and cumin all in one pot. Let me tell you, this is next-level Delicious! You can have Spicy chorizo & longaniza shrimp soup using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy chorizo & longaniza shrimp soup
- You need of shrimp.
- It’s of carrots.
- Prepare of celery sticks.
- It’s of chiote "mexican squash".
- You need of onion.
- It’s of paprika.
- You need of tomatoe.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of cilantro.
- You need of beef chorizo.
- It’s of fresh loganiza.
- Prepare of low sodium chicken stock.
- Prepare of chicken bullion.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of oregano.
- You need of cumin.
Chorizo may not be available where you are. We have a simple recipe for chorizo that can be made in the home. Looking for an easy, one skillet meal for dinner tonight? This satisfying dish has a fresh southwestern flavor your family will warm up to!
Spicy chorizo & longaniza shrimp soup instructions
- start by cleaning and pilling shrimp use skins boil in seperate pot for stock for soup.
- dice your veggies into bite size pieces.
- cook your beef chorizo & loganiza in the pot your going to cook your shrimp in. once cooked about 7 minutes or so remove from pan to a separate bowl. now add 2 tspn olive oil cook onions n tomatoes down till tender. add your veggies in except cilantro cook for about 10-12 minutes on medium heat adding your spices..
- now add your chicken stock, strain your shrimp stock into pot & 2 cup of water bring to a simmer cook down veggies till tender..
- once your veggies are tender add your shrimp cook till they turn pink about 3-4 minutes turn off add cilantro..
- serve with limes..
Wonderfully spicy shrimp and chorizo, served on top of creamy polenta. Discard the fat in the skillet. Combine chorizo and pork in a medium bowl with your hands. Golden brown chorizo bites in a sweet and spicy sauce. Fast to make and packs a serious flavour punch!