Recipe: Tasty Itilian sausage & squash soup
Itilian sausage & squash soup. Explore The Variety Of Different Brunchables. Try Them Today At Your Local Grocer! Italian sausage, garlic, tomatoes, red wine, and tortellini – this soup combines favorite ingredients from an Italian kitchen.
It's easy to make your own Italian-style sausage with a lot of delicious herbs and spices. Herbed Italian sausage and lentils is an easy and filling stew that's a unique way to highlight the anise and fennel flavors often present in the sausage. You can adjust the spice profile by choosing different types of sausage or adding various herbs to the lentils themselves. You can cook Itilian sausage & squash soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Itilian sausage & squash soup
- Prepare 1 lb of italian sausage.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into 1" chunks..
- It’s 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of diced red bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground dried sage.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 cup of packed baby spinach.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of brandy.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
This homemade Italian sausage recipe not only enables you to maintain full control over the quality of your sausage, it also tastes WAY better than store-bought! It's super easy to make and you can double our triple the recipe and freeze it so you always have sausage on hand! While this is a fairly standard way of making sausage and peppers, my family uses olive oil rather than butter, uses little or no herbs (fresh basil is always nice here), red wine rather than white, and some crushed or diced canned tomatoes, or marinara sauce. Whether used in a recipe or as the main dish, Johnsonville Italian Sausage is the secret ingredient that will keep everyone coming back for more!.
Itilian sausage & squash soup step by step
- Brown sausage in 1 tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium high heat until cooked through drain and set aside..
- Sweat onion and garlic in 1 tbsp. oil in a large pot over meafium heat until soft, 5 min. Increase heat to medium high , add squash and pepper flakes, and sautaé 5 min..
- Stir in broth and water, bring to a boil,and simmer until squash is verry soft, about 10 min..
- Purée soup with a handheld blender,then add bell pepper, cream, sage, and sugar; simmer until bell pepper is temder,about 5 min. Stir in brandy, and sausage, and simmer until spinich wilts and sausage is heated through, about 2 min; season with salt and black pepper..
Fresh Italian Mild Sausage Party Pack. All Natural Fresh Italian Mild Ground Sausage. These creamy grits topped with Italian sausage, peppers, onions and a fried egg are total comfort food and perfect for brunch or dinner. They are easy to put together and will satisfy a hungry crew. —Debbie Glasscock, Conway, Arkansas Article Summary X. To make Italian sausage, start by grinding up pork shoulder using a meat grinder or a grinding attachment on a stand mixer.