taisen's sausage and veggie soup. Sausage, sweet potato, broccoli, and bell peppers seasoned with olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and roasted to perfection. Add the sausage, veggies and minced garlic to a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the Italian spices or your favorite spice.
This hearty one-pot spicy sausage and lentil soup is packed full of veggies, protein and a ton of flavor. It is loaded with flavor from the hot Italian sausage, lentils, ham, and veggies. And loaded with healthy benefits because lentils are low in calories, rich in iron and folate and an excellent source. You can have taisen's sausage and veggie soup using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of taisen's sausage and veggie soup
- It’s 1 lb of of the round tube sausage mild or hot.
- You need 1 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 can of of tomato soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 can of green beans.
- Prepare 1 can of corn.
- Prepare 2 can of carrots.
- Prepare 1 box of small shells.
- Prepare 2 clove of of garlic or garlic powder.
- It’s 1 medium of to large onion.
- Prepare 2 of to 4 teaspoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 pinch of thyme.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 shakes of vegetable seasoning.
- You need 2 of to 3 shakes of basil.
- Prepare 2 of to 3 shakes of parsley.
- It’s 1 of butter.
- It’s 1 of french bread.
I used smoked sausage in this soup, but there are a couple of options if you don't want to use sausage. This soup is totally veggie-licious, but I didn't want it to. The recipe below works with legit any sausage that floats your boat – from t-rex-tastic options to the underrated (and still delicious!) vegan sausage options on the market right now. Find your favorite and make these easy peasy bowls for lunch or dinner!
taisen's sausage and veggie soup step by step
- fry your sausage in a frying pan until cooked throughout. drain the grease and put it in a larger pot for the soup.
- cut up onion and garlic cloves. if using powder just sprinkle it in when you fry the onion.
- in a skillet add in olive oil onion and garlic. fry until translucent..
- add this to the pot with sausage. add in tomato sauce with almost a full can of water. then add in tomato soups with half water for each can. mix and set it on medium heat. cover with lid.
- add in the seasonings and the drained cans of veggies. mix and cover.
- boil water for your noodles. cook until almost done. drain. add the noodles to the pot. stir..
- turn heat up or lower depending if you want it cooked and served faster or slower. I cooked mine slower for about 1 to 2 hours..
- taste and add any extra seasoning you may want or more tomato sauce or soup. depends on how thick you want this. you can also add tomato paste if it is to runny.
- slice the french bread and butter it..
- once your happy with the consistency and flavor serve with butter bread and enjoy.
The Best Vegan Soy Sausage Recipes on Yummly Made for Instant Pot or stove, this sausage soup is a Olive Oil – I like to use extra virgin olive oil for this soup because…it's so Italian! You only need a small amount for sauteeing the veggies for this soup. Smoked sausage, vegetables, and basic seasonings flavor the soup. This bean soup is a snap to throw together with several kinds of canned beans, some sausage, and basic seasonings.