Potato soup with Sausage. Now this soup is packed with spicy Italian sausage, potatoes and hearty spinach – a complete meal in a single bowl. The only downside of this recipe is that the leftovers were not enough. Next time I'll just have to double the batch and load up on that side of crusty bread to go along with it!
This Cabbage, Sausage and Potato Soup recipe is quick and easy to make, and SO delicious and comforting. This easy cabbage soup recipe is also easy to make in the Instant Pot or Crock-Pot, if you prefer. This easy potato and Italian sausage soup is cooked in the slow cooker or on the stovetop. You can have Potato soup with Sausage using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato soup with Sausage
- You need 3 of baking potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 large of sweet onion.
- Prepare 2 of stalks celery.
- You need 1 lb of breakfast sausage.
- Prepare 1 of salt, white pepper, dried thyme, dried parsley.
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 4 oz of cream cheese.
Turn the slow cooker on high. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking up into small pieces. Easy potato soup recipe with Italian sausage, potatoes, garlic, and kale. The soup is comforting and ultra-flavorful.
Potato soup with Sausage step by step
- Cut celery and onion in small dice. Melt butter and add celery and onion. Cook on medium low until very tender. (About the time it takes to peel and cut potatoes).
- Peel potatoes and cut in small dice. Add to 4 qt pot and add just enough water to cover. Add salt. Bring to boil, reduce to medium heat and simmer until about halfway done..
- Add celery and onions to potatoes..
- Brown and crumble sausage. I use Bass Farm mild. Jimmy Dean would be a good substitute. Remove from pan with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels..
- Reserve 1 Tbsp sausage drippings in pan. Add 1 Tbsp flour. Cook for just a minute or 2. You want a blonde roux..
- Add roux and sausage to potatoes..
- Add 2 cups of milk, cream cheese and seasonings..
- Simmer on medium low heat until cheese melts and potatoes are done..
Our potato and sausage soup is savory, comforting, and keeps well in the fridge. If you've ever had Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana soup, this potato soup is similar (although, I'd wager. My great-grandmother passed on this soup to her family generations. Potato and Sausage Soup is a budget friendly meal with lots of flavor! Tender smoked sausage is combined with onions, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage and simmered in a flavorful broth.