Recipe: Perfect Sausage and potato soup
Sausage and potato soup. This Cabbage, Sausage and Potato Soup recipe is quick and easy to make, and SO delicious and comforting. This easy cabbage soup recipe is also easy to make in the Instant Pot or Crock-Pot, if you prefer. Sausage, kale, and potatoes give a creamy Italian-inspired soup a hearty, rich flavor.
The whole family enjoys the wonderful flavor of the smoked sausage. This cheesy, creamy, and comforting sausage potato soup is loaded with Italian sausage, golden baby potatoes, veggies, and a cheesy cream base. If you've ever heard of cheeseburger soup, this cheesy sausage potato soup is my interpretation of that! You can have Sausage and potato soup using 11 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage and potato soup
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of diced carrot.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves diced.
- You need 1 lb of Smoked turkey sausage.
- You need 6 cups of homemade vegetable stock or store bought.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 bunch of spinach.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 1 lb of tiny potatoes whole unpeeled.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of fresh parmesan cheese.
Now this soup is packed with spicy Italian sausage, potatoes and hearty spinach – a complete meal in a single bowl. The only downside of this recipe is that the leftovers were not enough. Next time I'll just have to double the batch and load up on that side of crusty bread to go along with it! Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup is a rich and creamy soup perfect for busy weeknights!
Sausage and potato soup step by step
- On medium heat add olive oil, onions and carrots, cook stirring about 5 minutes. Add sausage and potatoes. Stir for 2 minutes then add broth. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low about 30 minutes. Enjoy.
PIN IT To save for later. Of course the weather has been in. Our potato and sausage soup is savory, comforting, and keeps well in the fridge. If you've ever had Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana soup, this potato soup is similar (although, I'd wager it's better). We've been making a version of it for years.