Easiest Way to Make Yummy Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup
Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup. Tortellini soup is a delicious meal on it's own, but you can pair it with some garlic bread and a big green salad and add a few more guests to dinner. So imagine my delight when I combined those flavors I love with spicy Italian Sausage, Spinach and Cheesy Tortellini! A lot of people like to serve.
This soup is such a family treasure, both my daughters asked for the recipe when they moved out on their own. I cook the tortellini separately, but you can let it plump up in the soup broth, too. —Cynthia Krakowiak, Langhorne, Pennsylvania. Italian sausage, garlic, tomatoes, red wine, and tortellini – this soup combines favorite ingredients from an Italian kitchen. You can cook Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup
- You need 2 TBS of butter.
- Prepare 2 TBS of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can cannelloni or navy beans rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1 lb of bulk mild Italian sausage.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 package of favorite frozen cheese tortellini.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh parsley.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Roux – 3TBS butter / 3TBS flour.
You can use sweet or hot This soup embodies all the wonders of Italian cooking: Italian sausage, garlic, tomatoes and red wines. Serve with hot bread and salad for a delicious meal. I also used collards rather than spinach. Absolutely delicious, used dried beans and cooked them in the soup since I had them in the pantry.
Thick and Spicy sausage, bean and cheese tortellini soup instructions
- Heat oil and butter in Dutch oven on medium heat, add carrots, celery and onion and cook for approx 5-7 min until the veggies soften..
- Add in sausage and sauté until browned. Stir in garlic, pepper and pepper flakes..
- Add in beans, tomatoes and broth, cook to a simmer, about 10 min….
- In the meantime make your roux in a small sauce pan by melting butter and whisking in flour until combined. Add to pot and bring to a slow boil to thicken up the soup..
- Add in frozen tortellini and simmer until the pasta is el dente about 10. Add in fresh parsley and serve. Garnish with a little Parmesan cheese on top..
I doubled the recipe for all of my roommates and it. This tortellini soup with sausage is a complete meal in one pot! It's full of sausage, beans, veggies and tortellini, all cooked in a savory broth. The sausage and vegetables are simmered with canned white beans, fresh spinach and cheese tortellini for a hearty and satisfying soup that will please the. Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup is a thick and creamy soup base with chunks of cooked pork sausage and three cheese tortellini pasta cooked in Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup.