Italian Sausage Potato Cream Soup. This cheesy, creamy, and comforting sausage potato soup is loaded with Italian sausage, golden baby potatoes, veggies, and a cheesy cream base. My take on the famous "cheeseburger soup". This hearty soup pairs perfectly with a lighter side dish like a salad.
We can't think of a better way to warm up on a brisk autumn day than with a bowl of this soup. Strips of kale, cream, and cooked sausage are added in the final stage to this potato soup made with onions and pancetta cooked in chicken broth. I also added more potatoes & it was great. You can have Italian Sausage Potato Cream Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Sausage Potato Cream Soup
- It’s of each Idaho potatoes — diced small (1 ¼ pounds).
- You need of butter.
- It’s of each leek – whites only- washed well — finely diced.
- It’s of each small onion — finely diced.
- Prepare of garlic — finely chopped.
- Prepare of flour.
- Prepare of chicken stock.
- It’s of thyme.
- You need of fennel seed.
- Prepare of cream.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- It’s of Hot Italian pork sausage links- Cooked — Cut in half on a bias/ half moon shape (You can Double the sausage if desired).
- Prepare of parmesan cheese.
- It’s of parsley – chopped fine.
I thought the soup had a. Sausage And Potato Soup Potatoes Recipes. Cheesy Potato Soup with Italian SausageGrowing Up Madison. Now this soup is packed with spicy Italian sausage, potatoes and hearty spinach – a complete meal in a single bowl.
Italian Sausage Potato Cream Soup instructions
- In a sauce pan melt the butter and add the onions, leeks and garlic then cook until light brown..
- Cook off the sausage cool and cut in half on a bias/ half moon shape..
- Dust with flour and stir together and cook to make a compound roux. (About 1 minute).
- Add the diced potatoes, chicken stock, thyme, fennel seed salt and pepper then simmer for 15-20 minutes then add the cream..
- Add the sausage, parmesan cheese until the cheese is melted..
- Add the parsley. Adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
The only downside of this recipe is that the leftovers were not enough. Next time I'll just have to double the batch and load up on that side of crusty bread to go along with it! Directions: Brown sausage in a large soup pan until it's crumbly and cooked through. After a full day of teaching and coaching, I'm often too tired to spend a lot of time preparing dinner. So I rely on this thick, chunky Delicious!