Savory Smoked Sausage Soup with Veggies 🥣. The smoked sausage adds a great flavor and makes this soup that much more hearty. Serve it with some fresh crusty whole grain bread for an ideal winter dinner. Sausage and Vegetable Soup is flavorful, delicious way to eat tons of veggies at once (it's got potatoes, bell peppers, carrots, zucchini.
This hearty soup, with its lentils and sausage, seems made for savory. For a special version, use imported Vertes du Puy lentils, which have a rich, e. If the soup is too thick. You can cook Savory Smoked Sausage Soup with Veggies 🥣 using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Savory Smoked Sausage Soup with Veggies 🥣
- Prepare 2 packages of smoked sausage (sliced into coins).
- You need 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter.
- Prepare 2 of onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 bag (16 ounce) of baby carrots.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 10 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of small bag baby red potatoes.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 ounce) of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (15.5 ounce) of light red kidney beans.
- It’s 2 cans (14.5 ounce) of cans of chicken broth.
Chock full of hearty veggies, smoked sausage, and lentils, this savory soup truly is the perfect comfort food for a cold day. Psst: Looking for a vegetarian lentil recipe for your Crock-Pot? Check out slow cooker vegetarian chickpea lentil stew instead — it's not as pretty as this soup, but it's darn. Filled with veggies, smoked chicken sausage and beans, it comes together easily for a healthy weeknight dinner.
Savory Smoked Sausage Soup with Veggies 🥣 step by step
- I’m a large pot, sauté in the margarine or butter: onions, green pepper, baby carrots until veggies are tender……Cover pot…..
- Add the black pepper, oregano and minced garlic, sauté well…….
- Now add your 2 packages of smoked sausage, sauté for a few minutes…….
- Now add your baby red potatoes, stir well…….
- Next add : diced tomatoes, red kidney beans and chicken broth, bring to a boil….. Stir well……
- Continue to cook over medium heat, covered for 1 hour or until all veggies are tender……..
- Stir soup, spoon into a bowl and enjoy 😉!.
This soup is filled with staple ingredients that I almost always have in my pantry and fridge. Beans and basic veggies like carrots, celery and onions are really essential ingredients to. Smoked Sausage and Veggie Sheet-Pan Supper. This recipe is tasty and quick and can easily be doubled for last-minute dinner guests. Cook it in the oven or on the grill, and add the veggies of your choice. —Judy Batson, Tampa Florida.