Minestrone soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible!
Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale. To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you honestly won't miss it with everything else in this soup. The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. You can cook Minestrone soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Minestrone soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large red onion.
- It’s 1 of celery stick.
- Prepare 2 of small garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- It’s 1 of potato.
- You need 1 of turnip.
- Prepare 1 of swede.
- You need 400 G of tin chopped tomatoes.
- You need 600 ml of veg stock.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 60 g of macaroni pasta.
- You need 50 g of spinach kale cabbage – shredded.
- It’s 400 of GB cannelloni beans.
- It’s of Parmesan.
- Prepare of Basil.
Serve this hearty soup with lightly toasted bread to get every last drop. Recipe can be doubled." The very best minestrone ever! A huge success with the family and guests. This healthy and quick Minestrone Soup is the best!
Minestrone soup instructions
- Select the SAUTE function, then add the oil and allow to heat. Add the onion and celery and fry for 2 minutes followed by the garlic for a further 3 minutes until saute is complete..
- Add the root vegetables, tomatoes, stock and bay leaf, stir to combine..
- Put the lid on and select CHUNKY function..
- After 15 minutes of cooking remove the lid and add the pasta, stir and replace the lid. Cook until 3 minutes remain, remove the lid and add the greens and the rinsed cannellini, stir and replace lid, cook to the end of the program..
- Season to taste and remove the bay leaf before serving..
I have been so excited to share my Minestrone Soup recipe with you all. It is a fast and healthy version made with zucchini and fresh basil. This Minestrone soup is one of our favorite soups, and we are soup lovers. It's quick, it's healthy, and it's perfect for dunking with some crusty bread, rolls, or garlic bread! Minestrone soup may seem simple to prepare, but all of the various elements brings on some complexity.