Recipe: Appetizing Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice Soup
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice Soup.
You can cook Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice Soup using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice Soup
- Prepare 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 tbs of coconut oil.
- You need 3 tbs of flour.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 2 cups of 2% or whole milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of Kraft triple cheddar shredded cheese.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne.
- It’s 1 (8 oz) of tub garlic and herb cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of instant rice – uncooked.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked chicken – diced.
- You need 3 cups of broccoli florets – cooked and chopped.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Rice Soup instructions
- To prepare broccoli florets place in large bowl with 2 tbs chicken broth (additional to broth listed). Cover and microwave until very tender. About 7-8 minutes. Let stand covered at least 2 minutes. Spread out on cutting board and give the broccoli a rough chop..
- While broccoli cooks start broth. In a medium sauce pan melt butter and coconut oil over medium heat. Stir in flour with wisk to eliminate clumps. Cook 2 minutes, wisking constantly. Wisk in broth and milk. Bring to a simmer wisking frequently to prevent clumping..
- Wisk in cream cheese until fully melted into broth. Turn heat down to low and wisk in shredded cheese until melted. Wisk in cayenne and uncooked rice. Add broccoli and chicken and gently stir to combine. Turn heat back up to medium low, cover and gently simmer for 10 minutes or until rice is cooked. Dish up and enjoy!.