Squash (ed) Soup!. Squash, potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion cook up quickly into a thick, velvety soup that's ready in about an hour. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
Roasted kabocha squash soup, thick and. Butternut, acorn and spaghetti squashes roasted and pureed with vegetable broth and flavored with onion, garlic, ginger, curry, apples and sherry. This butternut squash lentil soup tastes like a bowl of sunshine. You can have Squash (ed) Soup! using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Squash (ed) Soup!
- Prepare 1/2 of butternut squash, peeled and cubed into 3cms pieces.
- You need 2 of medium carrots, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 handful of chopped cavolo nero or kale leaves.
- Prepare 2 of diced onions.
- It’s 4 of celery sticks diced.
- You need 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped.
- You need 3 of cms fresh ginger, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coconut/olive oil.
- Prepare of Freshly ground black/long pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of herby salt (Herbamare).
- It’s 1-2 of vegetable stock cubes (optional).
- It’s 1 of heaped tsp ground turmeric.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of heaped tsp fennel seeds.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp cumin seeds.
It's chock full of beautiful, colorful This butternut squash lentil soup is filled with nutrient-rich foods like lentils, butternut squash, leeks. Ladle the soup into soup plates and garnish with a dollop of crème fraîche and a fresh truffle shaving if desired. This Crockpot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, easy to make, and SO delicious! Try this Curried Butternut Squash Soup recipe, or contribute your own.
Squash (ed) Soup! step by step
- Use the oil to fry the onion over a low heat in a large heavy bottomed saucepan until they soften..
- Add the garlic, ginger, celery and spices and fry for a further minute, stirring to prevent sticking..
- Add the water (pre-boiled to speed things up!) to the pan with the squash, carrots, stock (if using), salt and pepper..
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for around 30 mins or until the squash and carrots are soft..
- Add the cavolo nero/kale and simmer for a further 5 mins..
- Take the soup off the heat and squash it to your preferred consistency using a humble potato masher! This creates a delicious and hearty soup that still has texture. It can be blended if preferred, but you will need to change the name!.
This delicious soup is easy as can be and so delicious! Did I mention the recipe comes straight from. This might be the easiest way to eat your veggies. This butternut squash soup is so good, even if you only have time to make one of the two beautiful and tasty toppings. Butternut Squash Soup with Sautéed Green Peas and Pesto Sauce.