Recipe: Yummy Minestrone soup
Minestrone soup. Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. This lentil soup is easy to make and tastes incredible!
Minestrone Soup Variations Swap the spinach for Swiss chard or baby kale. To keep this low-carb, omit the pasta, you honestly won't miss it with everything else in this soup. The minestrone soup I've been serving for years began as Ina Garten's Winter Minestrone soup, but since I can't help but tinker with a recipe, it has since morphed into my own. You can have Minestrone soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Minestrone soup
- Prepare of some butter.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 cups of other vegetables eg squash, sweet potato, leeks..
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare Bunch of fresh thyme, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 500-750 ml of vegan/ veggie stock.
- You need 1 tin of cannellini beans, drained.
- It’s Handful of kale/ cavolo nero, roughly shredded.
- Prepare 1-2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves, roughly shredded.
- You need 2-3 handfuls of cooked pasta.
- Prepare of Parmesan/ veggie parmesan, grated.
Serve this hearty soup with lightly toasted bread to get every last drop. Recipe can be doubled." The very best minestrone ever! A huge success with the family and guests. This healthy and quick Minestrone Soup is the best!
Minestrone soup instructions
- Heat the butter in a oan (with a lid for later). Add the onion and fry for about 10 mins until soft. inion then carrots celery.
- Add the carrots and celery. Cook until starting to go tender..
- Add the other vegetables (not the greens)..
- Add the garlic and thyme. Cook for 2-3 mins..
- Add tomatoes and stock. Put the lid on. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins..
- Add the beans and simmer for 5 mins with lid off..
- Stir in greens for about 2 mins..
- And then stir in the basil and pasta..
- Serve with grated parmesan/ other cheese. Enjoy 😋.
I have been so excited to share my Minestrone Soup recipe with you all. It is a fast and healthy version made with zucchini and fresh basil. This Minestrone soup is one of our favorite soups, and we are soup lovers. It's quick, it's healthy, and it's perfect for dunking with some crusty bread, rolls, or garlic bread! Minestrone soup may seem simple to prepare, but all of the various elements brings on some complexity.