Curry Chicken Soup. My German mother would occasionally cook dishes that were not traditional German One of my favorites was her Curry Chicken Soup. I've added my own touches to it, such. This chicken curry soup recipe is comfort in a bowl and perfect served with pillowy naan bread for an easy, wholesome meal.
Chicken soup flavored with coconut and curry make this Thai recipe a reader favorite. Combine the chicken, carrots, bay leaf and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. This Thai chicken curry soup is quick, easy, comforting, and full of fabulous flavor. You can cook Curry Chicken Soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Curry Chicken Soup
- You need 1 of Turnip, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Parsnips, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 of Sweet Potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1 large of White Onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cubed into small pieces.
- You need 1/2 of bag Baby Carrots.
- It’s 1 bunch of Kale.
- Prepare 1 can of Sweet Corn, drained.
- It’s 1 can of Italian Style Diced Tomatoes.
- It’s 64 oz of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Curry Paste, Hot.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Crushed Red Pepper.
- It’s 1 of Basil.
- You need 1 of Coriander Seed, Ground.
- Prepare 1 of Dried Garlic and Onion.
A great way to use up leftover or rotisserie chicken! Rotisserie chicken is one of my favorite things to use to make fast. It's basically a curry soup, most often made with chicken, vegetables, apples, and rice. Not only is it absolutely delicious, it's the perfect example of how one culture acquires food from another.
Curry Chicken Soup instructions
- Brown onion in butter in a stock pot..
- Add all other ingredients to stock pot except the chicken and kale. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to low..
- In a skillet or wok, cook chicken until all pink is gone..
- Add cooked chicken to stock pot and cover stock pot. Allow to simmer for about an hour..
- Remove stems from kale and chop small. Add kale to stock pot and allow to simmer 15 minutes..
This spicy chicken curry soup recipe contains an ingredient that I don't use very often: curry powder. Confession time: I once was a curry powder snob, as in "no one who cooks authentic Indian food. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Curry Soup. Chicken Curry Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Coconut Curry Chicken Soup is fragrant, fresh, and flavorful.