How to Cook Yummy Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
Slow Cooker Lentil Soup. All Reviews for Slow Cooker Lentil and Ham Soup. A soup this easy to make should not taste this good; it should require a grocery list a mile long, your knife should dull from constant chopping, and you But choose the right type and they are also ideal for slow cooker soups that simmer for hours. Reach for green lentils over the more brightly hued red.
During the holidays, I like to take a little break after posting the top recipes of the previous year. Keywords: lentil soup, crockpot soup, slow cooker soup, vegetarian soup, vegan soup. I cooked lentil soup by adding various veggies depending of season, but adding butternut squash for additional creaminess is something I just have to try it – asap 🙂. You can have Slow Cooker Lentil Soup using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
- You need 3 of Carrots chopped.
- You need 2 of Ribs of celery chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Onion chopped.
- You need 3 of Garlic cloves pressed.
- Prepare 8 cup of of veg or chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 bag of of dry lentils, rinsed.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 of Dry bay leaves.
- You need 2 of Cubed red potato.
- It’s 1 bunch of of spinach or kale chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste diluted in 1/4 cup water or broth.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
This Slow Cooker Lentil Soup is the best set-and-forget healthy vegetarian soup with hearty texture and umami flavour. Just turn on your crockpot and This slow cooker lentil soup is made only with vegetables and is perfect for real life when your fridge drawers have to be cleaned out and you wish. This weeknight slow cooker lentil soup is perfect to make for a busy weekday! It's also vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free!
Slow Cooker Lentil Soup step by step
- Put all the ingredients (Except the spinach,kale,salt and pepper) in the slow cooker give it a stir and cover. Set cooker to high and cook for 5-6 hours. About 15 minutes before serving add the spinach or kale (or both) salt and pepper. Remove bay leaves before serving. This is a fantastic make ahead meal. It is better the next day. It freezes well too. If the lentils thicken just add broth to desired consistency. Serve with a sandwich or it is a healthy meal on its own. Enjoy!.
A basic slow cooker vegetarian soup recipe made with brown lentils, tomatoes, celery and onion for comfort food goodness. This Slow Cooker Curried Lentil Soup recipe is quick and easy to prep, made with feel-good ingredients, and full of the Last Monday was a lentil soup kind of Monday. Like most soups, this Moroccan lentil soup recipe gets better with time as the complex seasonings have time to develop. Make it a day ahead if you can–this easy slow cooker/crock pot recipe variation makes it a cinch to get the soup cooking while you do other things. Inexpensive dried lentils make up the bulk of the soup, helping fill in your fiber gaps and keep you full longer.